Haunting Trial

"What trial?" Snow asked, a little ticked off. She just wanted to take the chance where no one would judge her by her eyes and make friends. But of course, something had to come up. Orchid rolled her eyes.

"Probably too much for a pipsqueak like you anyways." she taunted. Snow puffed up her chest and stood taller, eyes narrowed. These cats were really pushing her buttons.

"Too much? Really?? Ha! That's the best you've got? Go ahead. Tell me the challenge. I ain't scared of nothing." Snow hissed back. Orchid looked at Snow, her expression had the slightest hint of surprise. She then turned to Odessa.

"Tell her," Orchid demanded. Odessa sighed and nodded.

"Meet us here at moon high tonight. Then the trial shall begin. Get caught sneaking out, and you fail. And don't tell anyone." Odessa informed her. Snow sighed. How hard could these so-called 'trials' be anyways? These are just a bunch of kits trying to be tough. It will probably be something easy.

Snow nodded and then turned around and headed back to the den. It was starting to get dark anyways, she needed to see if Tala and Nettle even would be awake at midnight. Snow felt a little unsure about this entire trial thing though. She really did not want to get in trouble on her first day here, after all, she may have just found her forever home. A bad reputation would just start her RiverClan experience all over again. Snow shivered at the thought, leaving her birth clan made a fresh, new slate. Snow could make herself anything she wanted to be. A dashing, bold fighter to a pretty, kind kit-sitter. Snow cringed at being a kit-sitter. She wanted to be the fighter version. Everyone would respect her then.

Once she got back into the den, neither Tala nor Nettle was present. They also had not come through because Snow could still smell that their scents were as stale as they were when she had been on here earlier. Snow sat there for a little while longer seeing if either of her denmates would come, but as she dug her claws in and out of the earth she eventually got up and began to explore again.

I wonder what the 'jobs' are. The only things back at RiverClan were warriors, medicine cats, and queens, and if you are lucky, deputy or leader. Though, it seems there is more than just that here. Tala looks like she is a medicine cat, and Nettle mentioned a type of cat that gathers things like moss and supplies. Snow headed up the tunnel this time. She was curious about the nursery-like room she had seen coming down the tunnel with Cider. Some cats are gatherers... collectors as Nettle saw them. I guess some are... hunters? Or maybe healers, guards...

Once she had arrived at the wide-mouthed entrance, she saw a lot of kits. There are ten or so kits in here. Young adult she-cats and the occasional tom watched over the young kits, and put some of the toys into a small hole that had been dug into the ground.

"Out of the way! Hunters are coming through!" a tom cat bellowed from further up the tunnel. Cats plastered themselves closer to the wall as a large line of cats thundered down the tunnel, all with prey in their jaws. Snow almost got run over by the cat that came around first, but she jumped away just in time. So being a hunter is also an option. Though I would be no good at hunting any land prey. I have only caught fish. And I was only an apprentice for like- a moon!

She watched as the last few cats stormed down the tunnel. A few cats around Snow began to lick their lips and follow the hunters down the tunnel. Snow guessed that at this time cats normally eat, but she wasn't all that hungry. The rabbit that Cider gave her filled her up. Besides, she was still eager to explore.

Snow decided to head all the way up the tunnel and to the entrance of the camp so she could get a full view. When she began to step out, two cats stepped in front of her. One was a dark tan with gray swirls she-cat and her bright amber eyes were crossed. The other was a light brown and gray tom with ginger flecks he seemed normal to Snow.