Chapter 8

Julie's POV

I sat on the couch filling Luke in on everything he's missed.

"So slang has changed greatly," He said laying on the ground staring into the ceiling trying to get a grasp on everything he missed

"Yep, How do you feel," I asked him

"Old, real old," He said and I laughed

"But technically you're still 17," I say which he smiles to

"Yeah,"

Just then Alex and Reggie walk in singing, "This band is back oh woah oh this band is back!"

"Whoa why does Luke look like he's just seen a ghost?", Reggie asked

"I just filled him in on things from the past few years." I said, "Which was a lot,"

"Anyways let's let him process that and we'll rehearse," Alex said walking over to his drums then stopped mid way and walked back over, "Wait what are we rehearsing for again?"

"A Valentine's day dance," Julie said, "My school's throwing it and asked us to preform,"

"Ohhh yeah!!" Luke said standing up immediately, "Let's rehearse,"

"I've never seen Luke so excited to rehearse," Alex whispered to which Reggie nodded his head

"Should we do a love song or Finally Free?" Reggie asked

"FINALLY FREE!" Luke and I shouted out in unison

"Ooookay," Alex said, "I think they want us to rehearse Finally Free,"

"I wonder why," Reggie whispered to Alex smirking,

Luke and I walked back over to our spots, Reggie and Alex right behind us.

"One two three," Alex counted off

I guess they forgot what song we were doing because they started singing a song I never heard before. Except when I played their CD and they popped into my life.

"Take off last stop
Count down till we blast open the top
Face first, full charge
Electric hammer to the heart
Clocks move faster"

Luke sings, his eyes are closed and I'm admiring how happy he looks along with the rest of them. Suddenly it's like I'm being pulled into a flashback. I see them on the stage of the Orpheum. Confused I look around and I see this really pretty girl cleaning the tables with a t-shirt. She kinda looks like me, I smile. Then the band ends and they run over to her. They look like they're flirting with her so I laugh. I can't hear their conversation but I hear the girl's name, Rose. So I freeze could it be? Unfortunately, I couldn't process anything because I was being pulled back into reality by Reggie shaking my shoulder and calling my name.

"JULIEEEEE!" He yells

"Reggie I think she up that's enough," Alex says putting a hand on my shoulder, "What happened are you okay?"

"What happened was I went back in time to a memory- I think- and I saw my mom! You guys knew her? And you flirted with her!! Why did you lie?" Hurt I run out of the garage and into my bedroom

I could just be overreacting but why would they lie if they knew my mom. I didn't know what to think. So I sat there and stared at the ceiling till I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I say then Luke walks in

"Hey Jules," I look over and he looks hurt

"What here to lie to me some more?" I ask

"What no!" He says, "But Julie what was your mom's name?"

"Rose," I said then my eyes widened at the same time his did, "I never told you her name so how could you know, you met my mom!"

I felt silly which made me I laughed and he did too.

"And Reggie flirted with you mom she was very pretty and super kind I see where you get it from," he said nudging my shoulder

I blush and smile, "I should probably go apologize then jump on Reggie,"

"After rehearsal," Luke adds

"Yup!" I called out running down the stairs

Luke poofs in next to me, making me yelp. He grabs my wrist quickly poofing in front of the garage. He laughing and I'm grinning, "Not very funny"

"That was quite hilarious actually," he says

We walk into the garage laughing. Reggie and Alex look at us weird.

"Their holding hands look," Alex whispered nudging Reggie,

Luke and I realized we were and let go immediately, blushing when we did looking at the ceiling as if it's the most interesting thing in the room.

"They had fun," Reggie whispered, "Julie I'm so sorry we lied to you,"

"No, no I'm sorry. I never told you guys her name so how were you supposed to know that you met her," I said laughing

"Oh yeah," Reggie said, "What is her name?"

"Rose," Luke said to which Reggie's eyes widened

"I flirted with your mom?!" He yelled

"YEAH!" I said chasing him around the room

Running he says, "Your mom was very cute,"

"EWW STOP THINKING ABOUT MY MOM LIKE THAT!!" I yelled

I chased him until we were both out of breath and laughing along with Luke and Alex watching us.

"You're off the hook for now," I said

"Luke help me," Reggie said running behind him

This made us all crack up laughing.

~Sometime later~

I convinced my dad to let me sleep in the garage. And we stayed up all night laughing and just being us. Little did we know that will be the one amazing moment we would have for a while.

~Question of the day: How are you?
LilE<3
Word count: 922