Chapter 2

A couple hours later...

I thought about how Surya treated me like a princess, constantly doting over me and catering to my every need. As long as I said "baby please" with my big innocent eyes. It didn't feel like taking advantage of him, as he always replied with "yes jaanu" and a forehead kiss. Surya's mom was from Mumbai, so he learned Hindi as well.

Luckily I learned it in grade school. Surya's cute language used in Hindi made all the struggle worth it. He sounded so sweet and gentle, speaking it. Still he could be rough and scary to people who deserved it. Me just knowing a couple words is different from knowing the language. Actually knowing the language made the words hit harder, and fill me with a sense of comfort and belonging. It also sparked a little fire in my heart and made my stomach flutter with butterflies.

"Jaanu? Tum kahan hai cutie?" (Dear? Where are you cutie?), Surya's voice called out.

Hearing his deep, gentle voice brought a smile to my face as I jumped up, running towards him. His face broke out into a grin as he spotted me. He spread his arms out, for me to jump into. And that's what I did, wrapping myself around him. Leaning my head against his chest, I could smell his masculine, manly perfume radiating off of him. He always smelled so good.

He had come to meet me and directly came to the backyard, where I usually would be. I snuggled deeper into him as wrapped his arms around me, and leaned down kissing my forehead. I smiled with my eyes closed, enjoying the feeling. No matter how long we have been together, this always brought butterflies in my stomach.