Chapter 6

I slammed the door shut as I burst out into tears. I slid down against the wall as my hands covered my face. I was controlling my tears before, but now I let the floodgates open. My cries turned louder as my heart wrenched in agony. I should be used to this. Even if there was something good in my life, it wouldn't last for long. Maybe that's what fate had written for me......

Pain...and....Tears...My companions, in dark times, they would rise. Meaning that they were with my most of the time. Maybe I wasn't all alone like I thought. Those things wouldn't leave me would they. The feeling of insecurity rose again as I remembered what happened. That made it worse as I sobbed harder, hugging my knees, curling up into a ball. Somehow if I made myself feel super small, I would feel better.

But no, nothing worked. I could feel myself be reminded by the words my grandma spoke. I had to marry Suraj. And there was no argument. How could I marry him? He was the nerdy, ugly and annoying brother. Definitely not the hot one. I couldn't marry him when a god like brother of his once existed. But of course my god had to put me through these struggles.

"Kadavule, yen enna ippadi sothikara?" (Oh god, why are you testing me like this) I cried out in helplessness.

My parents looked helpless as they had to listen to the elders. And Surya's parents, they went working on more important wedding works. Suraj was whisked off to go get ready for the big day. Leaving me here. With my thoughts.