Chapter 3

Soon enough the wedding came along. Tomorrow was the wedding!!!!! I was bubbling in joy, not being able to sit down from happiness. My family was buzzing around getting all the last minute details ready for the big day tomorrow. Me on the other hand was packing up belongings and stuff to move to Surya's house tomorrow.

Enjoying the last couple moments at my house, I looked through memory books. And took in the smell of fragrant flowers wafting from the garden near my room into the room through the balcony. It felt nice standing under the golden sunlight, letting it comfort me.

"WHAT?!?!?!" I hear my mom shriek downstairs.

I quickly ran down, curious and worried about my mom. I push past the door, racing downstairs. I come to a stop at the bottom of the stairs seeing my Surya's parents with tear stained faces. My eyes search for Surya, only seeing Suraj there with his parents.

"Enna aachu ma?" (What happened mom?) I asked in a soft whispery voice.

"Su-sur-Sur-a-j go-t in-to a c-cc-car ac-ci-d-de-nt-t" Suraj's mom finally manages to say, bursting into tears again.

Surya's dad wraps aunty in a hug as she sobs against his chest. It took me a second to realize... Surya got into an accident, a car accident. Seems like a pretty bad one with the way aunty was saying. Trying to think positive, I try to think that the marriage might be postponed. And that would be it.

"Is he ok..?" I ask, in an even quieter voice, trying not to cry.