☆Halloween☆

☆Juliette's POV☆

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Her Pepper up potion worked instantly, though it left the drinker smoking at the ears for several hours afterward. Ginny Weasley, who had been looking pale, was bullied into taking some by Percy. The steam pouring from under her vivid hair gave the impression that her whole head was on fire.

Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid's pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds. No one went outside unless it was for Herbology which was usually canceled due to the immense amount of rain. I sighed and looked at Hermione who was doing her homework, I had been itching to go outside for days.

"You know Hermione you have four days to do that assignment" I pointed out,

"Yes but it's better to get it done early" She went back to her work, I sighed again and looked over to the portrait hole where I saw a certain red-headed Weasley girl leaving the common room. I decided to go after her. I ran out of the common room and ran down the stairs to her.

"Hey, Ginny!"

"Oh, hey Julie," she said looking surprised.

"That's a pretty notebook you have there," I said noticing a black notebook she was clutching in her arms.

"Yes, I love writing in it."

"What do you write about, is it a diary or do you just use it to write ideas?"

"Well... I guess it's kind of a diary, would you like to see what it does?" she asked eagerly, I shrugged.

"Sure!" she grabbed my hand, and we ran to Moaning Murtle's bathroom. We stopped outside of the restroom.

"Ginny... this is Moaning Murtle's bathroom are you sure you want to go in there? We could go to the library or something."

"No, I want to go here" I nodded and followed her in. She glanced at one of the sinks before sitting down on the floor.

"So how does it work?"

"Well, I found this in my cauldron after shopping for school supplies and I decided to write in it, and look what happens" She pulled out a quill and wrote,

Hello Tom

"Who's Tom?" I asked but got my answer when the words were replaced with new words.

Hello Ginny

She looked up at me eagerly.

"Isn't it cool! I can talk to him, and he helps me with my problems.

"It's cool Ginny but have you looked into why the journal can write back? It seems kind of weird to me..."

"Oh, it's fine it was just enchanted to do so, he told me" I nodded still hesitant about it, but she wrote back.

I am with my friend Julie right now.

Really? What's her full name?

She looked at me before answering.

Juliette Fudge

Nice to meet you, Juliette.

I felt a shiver go down my spine when he said my name, Ginny handed me the journal and quill. I looked at her hesitantly, she was looking at me expectantly. I took a deep breath before writing.