☆The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened☆

☆Juliette's POV☆

I spent the whole week in the library with Hermione just trying to find information about the Chamber of Secrets. By the end of the week, we had found nothing, and Hermione decided to look in Hogwarts a History. But unfortunately, she wasn't the only one with this idea. I walked over to the table Ron and Harry were at needing a break from searching.

"Where is she?" asked Harry, grabbing the tape measure and unrolling his homework.

"Somewhere over there," said Ron, pointing along the shelves.

"Looking for some book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas."

"It's not just any book! It's Hogwarts a history!"

"Why would she need that"

"To find out about the Chamber of Secrets" Ron rolled his eyes before taking out his homework.

"Julie! Let me read your composition," said Ron desperately, checking his watch.

I sighed taking it out of my bag and handing it to him. "You should have done it earlier"

"You're starting to sound like Hermione" As if on cue Hermione emerged from between the bookshelves, she looked irritable.

"All the copies of Hogwarts, A History have been taken out," she said, sitting down next to Ron. "And there's a two-week waiting list. I wish I hadn't left my copy at home, but I couldn't fit it in my trunk with all the Lockhart books."

"Send a letter to your mum and dad to deliver it"

"Good idea! I'll do it after class we need to get going" she said standing up. Ron quickly scribbled down a few more things before handing me back my parchment and following Hermione out. I smiled at Harry and walked out with him behind Hermione and Ron who were arguing over something.

History of Magic was the dullest subject on their schedule. Professor Binns, who taught it, was their only ghost teacher, and the most exciting thing that ever happened in his classes was his entering the room through the blackboard. Ancient and shriveled, many people said he hadn't noticed he was dead. He had simply got up to teach one day and left his body behind him in an armchair in front of the staff room fire; his routine had not varied in the slightest since.

Today was as boring as ever. Professor Binns opened his notes and began to read in a flat drone like an old vacuum cleaner until nearly everyone in the class was in a deep stupor, occasionally coming to long enough to copy down a name or date, then falling asleep again. He had been speaking for half an hour when something happened that had never happened before. Hermione put up her hand. Professor Binns, glancing up in the middle of a deadly dull lecture on the International Warlock Convention of 1289, looked amazed.

"Miss - er -?"

"Granger, Professor. I was wondering if you could tell us anything about the Chamber of Secrets," said Hermione in a clear voice. Dean Thomas, who had been sitting with his mouth hanging open, gazing out of the window, jerked out of his trance; Lavender Brown's head came up off her arms and Neville Longbottom's elbow slipped off his desk. Professor Binns blinked.

"My subject is History of Magic," he said in his dry, wheezy voice. "I deal with facts, Miss Granger, not myths and legends." He cleared his throat with a small noise like chalk ping and continued, "In September of that year, a subcommittee of Sardinian sorcerers" He stuttered to a halt. Hermione's hand was waving in the air again. "Miss Grant?"

"Please, sir, don't legends always have a basis?" Professor Binns was looking at her in such amazement, that I was sure no student had ever interrupted him before, alive or dead.