Rising.

Silver was grateful for Gold's assistance. He was sneezing several times, trying to warm up. Gold finally made him some soup, which helped. While they rested at the Olivine Center, his mother showed up. Gold instantly intercepted her.

"I'm a little busy- do you mind-"

"You haven't been catching pokemon."

"Mother, I have been helping people! I'm allowed to do that!" She raised her eyebrow as she caught sight of the temporary bow, which was tiny in comparison to his usual bow.

"Tell me that's not what you've been using." He mentally chewed her out before speaking.

"Please leave me alone. I am in the middle of something."

"Of what? Looking pathetic with your new bow?"

Fuck it. The row hit hard as he tried to tell her off, being unsuccessful as she beat him down with words. Silver stayed quiet as he watched the duo, deeply concerned. The only thing his mother was worried about was his hair being a mess. Not if he was doing his job. He finished the soup as Gold's mother left with a victory skip. Gold had fallen silent, trembling as he silently cursed her. He finally went back over after regaining his composure, but it was noticeable by the tear stains. He gulped before he smiled.

"All good?" Silver nodded before speaking in a soft voice.

"What about you?" Gold waved it off.

"I-i'm fine." The voice crack gave him up as he grabbed his mouth, trembling as tears formed. Silver pulled him into a hug as he buried his face into the redhead's shoulder. "I'm sorry-" Silver hushed him.

"It's fine." Gold stayed quiet as Silver adjusted him, giving him a chance to relax.

While the catcher was resting, Silver slipped his bag over, finding the broken bow inside. Carefully, not to wake Gold up, the redhead slipped his bag out and started tending to its repair.

~

Gold woke up quite later as Silver finished. He made sure the bowstrong was secured before the catcher spoke in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Silver glanced at him before going over, handing the bow to him. He blinked twice before his face lit up. "You fixed it?" Silver smiled as he sat down beside him.

"Your mother was too harsh on you. You're welcome." Gold smiled as he gently held the weapon close, missing it greatly. He then scanned it before pausing.

"This is really good work. How'd you do it?" Silver purred.

"My family has been craftsmen through my mother's side for generations. I learned from my grandfather. It wasn't that hard to learn how to repair and build weapons. I actually specialized in bows and fletching arrows." Gold paused.

"You can fletch arrows?" Silver nodded as the catcher paused. "I've always had to find someone who can make them and buy them. The prices are ridiculous and it takes weeks to get the arrows. Some people have even cheated me out of money- I am always fighting to have enough money between pokeballs and arrows-" Silver paused before touching his hand.

"Have you heard of the Pokeball Maker down in Azlea?" Gold blinked in confusion.

"No?" Silver got to his feet before offering a hand, helping the catcher up.

"Come on. I can teach you how to fletch arrows and you can meet him."