On my own

A/N: Just trying something out.... maybe this will turn out good... who knows :)

As the car journeyed on, the tension seemed to grow thicker, suffocating us in its oppressive embrace. My mother's complaints continued unabated, her voice a relentless stream of bitterness and resentment. My parents' voices clashed like thunder in the confined space of the car, my mind became a battleground of conflicting emotions. Their words cut deep, each accusation and insult carving a new wound into my already battered soul.

My mother's bitterness reverberated in my ears, her resentment a palpable force that filled the air with toxicity. Her complaints were like arrows aimed at my heart, each one finding its mark with unerring accuracy. "I can't believe we had to leave everything behind for this," she spat, her words a venomous reminder of the life we had left behind. "Our old life, our friends, our social circle... All gone because of your job, Frank."

My father's response was a raw explosion of anger, his frustration boiling over like a volcano on the verge of eruption. His shouts reverberated through the car, shaking me to my core. "I had no choice, Martha!" he bellowed, the sound echoing off the walls of the car like a battle cry. "The opportunity was too good to pass up, and I wasn't about to let it slip through my fingers!"

I felt a surge of panic rise within me, threatening to overwhelm my senses. The air grew thick with tension, suffocating me with its oppressive weight. I longed to escape, to flee from the chaos that threatened to consume me. But there was nowhere to run, no refuge from the storm that raged within the confines of the car.

The car swerved slightly as my father's temper flared, the tires screeching against the asphalt. I gripped the edge of my seat, my heart pounding in my chest as I prayed for the storm to pass.

But my mother was unyielding, her grievances pouring forth like a flood. "Opportunity? Please. This town is a dead end, Frank. There's nothing here for us but misery and regret."

My father's hands clenched the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles turning white with strain. "You think I don't know that?" he snapped, his voice tinged with desperation. "You think I'm happy about this? We had to leave because of your spending habits, Martha! We were drowning in debt, and this job was our only chance to get back on track!"

The car fell into a heavy silence, the weight of my parents' words pressing down on me like a leaden weight. I longed to intervene, to break the cycle of anger and resentment that had consumed us all. But I remained silent, a silent witness to the destruction of my family.

I turned my gaze to the window, seeking solace in the world outside. The landscape blurred into a blur of colors and shapes, but my attention was drawn to the ravens that trailed behind the car, their dark forms a stark contrast against the pale sky.

The sight of the ravens brought a sense of calm to my troubled mind, their presence a reminder that I was not alone. They had been my constant companions since childhood, guiding me through the darkest of times and offering solace when I needed it most. Their caws filled the air like a chorus of reassurance, a reminder that I was strong, that I could weather any storm.

As the car sped on, the ravens continued to follow, their watchful eyes a silent witness to the turmoil that raged within me. I closed my eyes, allowing their presence to wash over me like a soothing balm. In that moment, amidst the chaos and confusion, I found a sense of peace. No matter what trials lay ahead, I knew that I would endure.

As my parents' voices clashed and reverberated in the small space of the car, I could feel the weight of their words pressing down on me like a physical force. Anger, frustration, and bitterness swirled around me, threatening to engulf me in their suffocating embrace. But amidst the chaos, a flicker of defiance burned within me, a stubborn determination to stand my ground in the face of adversity.