The secret

I waited for the return of my mates, a sense of urgency gnawed at the edges of my consciousness. The suspicions I harbored about the current pack alpha weighed heavily on my mind, casting a shadow of doubt over our plans to confront the ghouls.

The moment the others arrived, their faces etched with concern and determination, I knew that the time had come to share my suspicions with them. Gathering them together in a secluded corner of the pack's territory, I recounted the events that had transpired in the forest, sparing no detail as I described the grisly scene I had stumbled upon.

But it was when I voiced my suspicions about the alpha, Derrick's father, that a hushed silence fell over the group. The others exchanged wary glances, their expressions mirroring the uncertainty that churned within me.

"I know it sounds far-fetched," I admitted, my voice barely above a whisper. "But something about the alpha's behavior... it just doesn't sit right with me. I can't shake the feeling that he's hiding something, something important about the ghouls."

There was a moment of heavy silence as my mates absorbed my words, the weight of my suspicions hanging heavy in the air between us.

"Do you really believe my father is involved in this, Luna?" he asked, his brow furrowed with concern.

I met his gaze with a steely resolve, the weight of my suspicions pressing down upon me. "I can't say for certain," I replied, my voice tinged with uncertainty. "But something about his behavior just doesn't add up. We owe it to ourselves to find out the truth."

Adrian, ever the voice of reason, spoke up next, his tone measured and calm. "Perhaps we should approach this with caution," he suggested, his eyes flickering with a hint of apprehension. "Accusing the alpha without concrete evidence could have dire consequences."

I nodded in agreement, acknowledging the wisdom of his words. "You're right," I conceded, a sense of frustration bubbling beneath the surface. "But we can't afford to ignore the possibility that he might be involved. We need to tread carefully, gather whatever evidence we can, and confront him when the time is right."

"Guys, there's something else," I began, my voice quiet but urgent. "After I left the scene in the forest, the ravens led me to this deserted hut deep in the woods. It was... horrifying. Bones everywhere, both human and wolf. It felt like... like the beginning of something much bigger."

Derrick's eyes widened in shock, his expression mirroring the concern etched on the faces of the others. "Are you serious?" he asked, his voice tinged with disbelief.

"It's deep in the heart of the forest," I explained, my voice tinged with a sense of urgency. "Past the old oak tree, where the shadows grow long and the air grows thick with the scent of decay. You'll know you're close when you see the ravens circling overhead, their cries echoing through the stillness of the woods."

Jack furrowed his brow, his eyes narrowing in concentration as he tried to visualize the location. "I think I know the place you're talking about," he said, his voice thoughtful. "It's a secluded spot, far from the beaten path. Not the kind of place you'd stumble upon by accident."

I nodded in agreement, the memory of that desolate clearing still fresh in my mind. "Exactly," I replied, my voice grim. "And whatever happened there, it wasn't by chance." 

I nodded once again, the memories of that grisly scene still fresh in my mind. "I wish I wasn't," I replied, my tone heavy with regret. "But it's true. There's something dark and sinister lurking out there, and I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before it strikes again."

Adrian exchanged a worried glance with Jack, his brow furrowed with concern. "What do you think it means?" he asked, his voice tinged with apprehension.