Jet another one

As I struggled to push myself up from the floor, my head spinning from the chaos that had erupted around me, I was dimly aware of footsteps rushing towards me. Through the haze of confusion, I saw two figures approaching, their voices mingling with the cacophony of screams and shattered glass.

"Luna, are you alright?" one of them called out, his voice filled with concern.

I blinked, trying to focus through the dizziness that clouded my vision. As the figures drew closer, I recognized Jacob, the alpha of the Crescent Moon pack, his expression etched with worry as he knelt beside me.

But the other figure was a blur, a familiar presence that I couldn't quite place. As he drew closer, his features came into focus, and my heart skipped a beat as I realized who it was.

Derrick.

He reached out a hand to help me up, his expression a mixture of concern and relief. "Are you okay, Luna?" he asked, his voice soft with genuine concern.

I nodded, grateful for his support as I struggled to my feet. "I'm fine," I said, my voice shaky but determined. "Just a bit shaken up."

Jacob hovered nearby, his gaze flickering between Derrick and me with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension. "What happened in hier?" Derrick asked, his voice tense with urgency.

I hesitated, unsure of how to explain the chaos that had erupted in the classroom. But before I could respond, the ravens began to caw loudly, their cries echoing through the stillness of the aftermath.

Jacob's eyes widened in surprise as he turned to look at the shattered windows, his expression filled with disbelief. "The ravens," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. "Did... Did they do that?."

I glanced at Derrick, my mind reeling with confusion. What had just happened? And what did it mean for me and my place in this strange new town?

But as I looked into Derrick's eyes, I found a sense of reassurance, a silent understanding that everything would be okay. And for the first time since I had arrived in this town, I allowed myself to believe that maybe, just maybe, I wasn't as alone as I had thought.

"Derrick, you need to step aside," Jacob growled, his voice dripping with authority as he glared at his rival. "Luna is my mate. You have no right to interfere."

But Derrick stood his ground, his expression fierce as he met Jacob's gaze head-on. "You're mistaken, Jacob," he retorted, his voice laced with defiance. "Luna is my mate. I won't allow you to take her from me."

I felt a surge of panic rise within me as the two alphas faced off, their posturing growing more aggressive by the second. I knew that if they came to blows, it could spell disaster for all of us.

"Derrick, please," I pleaded, stepping forward to stand between the two alphas in a desperate attempt to defuse the situation. "This isn't necessary. We can find a solution without resorting to violence."

But my words seemed to fall on deaf ears as the tension in the air crackled with the promise of impending conflict. I could see the fury burning in Jacob's eyes, his resolve unyielding as he squared off against his rival.

Before I could intervene, Derrick took a step forward, his jaw set in determination. "I won't let you lay a hand on her," he declared, his voice thick with anger.

With a snarl, Jacob prepared to retaliate, his muscles tense and ready for action. But before the situation could escalate any further, Derrick stepped forward, his gaze unwavering as he faced down his rival.

"Jacob, leave," he commanded, his voice firm and authoritative. "Luna is my mate. You have no claim over her."

For a moment, there was a tense standoff as Jacob and Derrick locked eyes, the air thick with the weight of their unspoken challenge. But finally, with a resigned sigh, Jacob relented, his shoulders slumping in defeat.