chapter 5: Wednesdays

Being a head girl of a school isn't easy, cause you have to show good examples to other students. For example, you need to be of good behavior at all times if possible, you need to be obedient, you need to be hardworking, you need to be disciplined, and most of all, you need to come early to school, unless on Wednesday. Well don't get me wrong, I didn't say coming to school early is bad but what am trying to say is that as long as am pentville academy's head girl, i must come a bit earlier to school, than other students and maybe teachers too. Probably because am holding a big position.

..........now, I know that you might be guessing why i said "unless Wednesday ". Well,here's why!!!..........

Wednesdays in pentville academy are for interhouse, and all other kinds of sport you can imagine. "Now don't get me wrong here!! When I say "unless Wednesday", that doesn't means I will go to school late. what I meant was that I won't go very early as usual, but still not late!!! So it's kind of in the middle. Let's just put it as: "Wednesdays are the days that I go to school a bit unearly". yeah that's the right word!!!!

          Anyway, from Mondays to Fridays, Wednesday is the only day I know that i have a bit of time for myself. When I say "time for myself", I mean for example, I can do some certain things I ought to do in the house in the morning before going to school instead of in the evening. Well am not a lazy girl by the way!!! Just that you need to put yourself in my condition, cause imagine after coming back from school with all the stress and frustration from other students, and you see a pile of dirty clothes and a heap of unwashed dishes waiting for you to come back home and wash them, "won't you be weak,angry and tired? While still thinking of how to wash the plates and cloth, then all of a sudden, you also remember that you have a couple of assignments to do and maybe you also have a younger sibling just like in my case.

So after washing the dishes and clothes, you would also do your assignments and assist your sibling to do his assignment, then bath him,get him to sleep and arrange the house a bit so that when Mom comes back from her night shift, she won't be mad at you for doing nothing. "Please tell me, if it were to be you, would you still want to wake up the next morning; let alone getting ready to go to school early? So you see why I said it's only Wednesday that I can go a bit unearly to school, cause about 5 periods for class are used for sports.

...........To some students, Wednesdays ain't really for sport to them, rather they see it as a day just for fun and playing. This is why almost every students in pentville academy, "including myself of course" likes, 'oh am sorry, did i just say "like"? No!! Pardon me, that's an understatement. what I actually meant to say was "love". So that's why students of pentville academy, including myself loves Wednesday............

       Alright, enough of the Wednesday stuff. That's all you all you need to know about Wednesdays in pentville academy for now!!! I don't think I skipped anything that am supposed to tell you, but if I did, which I know I didn't, then trust me that if any new thing comes up, you can count on me that I'll definitely gist you about it.

While I was wearing my sneakers, so I can reach school probably before the bell would be rang for sport, I heard a voice saying: "Stella ain't you ready yet? It was Anita's voice. "Wait how did you get in? I asked her. "didn't you hear the countless knock that we had been knocking? Rhea asked me  "oh, so you guys have been knocking all these while? I asked in suprise. "Yes dear!! and it was Clark who opened the door for us to come in" Tina answered me.

........... you neededto see the way my face looked so confused of how I wasn't able to hear them knocking on the door!!! "Guess I was too carried away by the excitement of today being Wednesday".............

    Wait, did you think we broke the door and forced ourselves in, or maybe we are some kind of ghost or perhaps we are super heroes that can become invisible and pass through the door and come in? Rhea asked, facing me. "Hell no!! Take it easy girl, I didn't hear the knock and I had also forgotten that Clark was still at home" I answered back. "Now, don't tell me that you didn't hear the hard knock on the door? Where the heck is your mind baby girl? Infact, we knocked so hard that our hands began to pain us Rhea said. " Some passer-byes even began to look at us suspiciously, as if we were trying to break in and rob  you" Tina said. "Even some nearby neighbors heard the knock and began peeping out their window to see if anything was wrong, maybe they could call the police."Anita said.

"Well, I don't blame her you know, cause you never can tell maybe she is happy that today is Wednesday" Tina said. Then we all laughed. "But seriously, am really sorry for not hearing your knock!! I apologize to them. "Sure no problem, we even thought that maybe you had already gone to school, since no one responded to the knock, but while we were about leaving, then we saw the door opening" Rhea told me. "At first, we even thought it was you, cause I wanted to really beat you up for keeping us waiting that long, but we saw that it was Clark" Anita said. "And we couldn't beat the innocent little boy" Tina added.

        "Infact when we came in, I went ahead to the kitchen, to see if you were there since that's your usual spot but to my greatest surprise you weren't there!! Rather you were in your room yet you couldn't hear us knocking" Anita said to me. "Hold on a minute" I said, facing Clark; 'since you guys said you knocked for long, why did it take you long to open the door for them?" I asked clark. "I was with headphones and also playing video game, it was when the knock was harder, I had to remove my headphone and pause the video game a bit, to listen if the knock was on our door" Clark answered.

            "Don't try to blame him dear, cause if this case was to be judged, your actually the one at fault cause he was on headphones and still heard the knock but you weren't with headphones, neither were you far or doing something that would've make you hear the knock!!! Rhea said. "what makes you guys think that I wasn't doing anything? And besides none of you all told me that you were coming" I told them. "Wow!!! So we now need to inform you before coming to your house right? Rhea asked me,angrily. "don't get me wrong, that's not what am trying to say!! I told Rhea.

         "The way I see it, that's what your obviously trying to say, cause if that's not what your trying to say then tell us what your trying to say Stella?" rhea told me. "Fine!! What am trying to say is that what if I wasn't around? and you girls didn't tell me you are coming, it would be a waste of time and effort to you girls" "sweetheart, today is a school day and you will definitely be about to go to school by this time cause it's Wednesday or maybe u would have even gone to school" Anita told me. "Or have you forgotten that we are your friends and we know that you normally go a bit unearly to school on Wednesday" Tina said to me.

............."Who knows, maybe she is thinking of the new boy?" anita said. "Ewww!! No, am not in any way thinking of him, but I bet your the one thinking of him since you just brought up his topic in a discussion that isn't related to him" I said to Anita. "Chill girl, she was just kidding, look how you took it so personal!!" Rhea said. "I didn't take it personal, am only saying so, to clear any wrong impression" I answered Rhea. "Look who's talking!! do you wanna tell me that Richard ain't cute?" Tina asked me. "Well, he is but............

   Before I could finish my statement, tina took the words out of my mouth by saying: "Yes, now your talking, no need of adding but!!, he is cute, that's all you need to say". "you all ain't serious" i said to them. "I think what you meant to say is that, we all ain't serious" Rhea said. We all laughed. "Enough of these discussion girls!!! let's run along to school okay?" I told them.

           "But who's gonna take Clark to school? Rhea asked. "No need to worry, am a big boy and I can go to school all by myself!!" clark answered rhea. " Look who's a big boy!! Yet he still needs help while doing his assignments" I said, laughing at him. "It's not funny, am a big boy, just that you and mom won't let me prove myself to you guys" Clark said. "Big boy indeed!" I said, mocking him. My friends chuckled. "Like I was saying, before he interrupted me!!, Mom had messaged me earlier that she will soon be back, but I guess the traffic is what's keeping her long" I told Rhea.

        "Alright, let's go in time so we can catch up with the sport activities" tina said. "Better watch the house and don't scatter or dirty it before Mom comes back, else you know what she'll do to you for littering the house" I said to Clark. Then my friends and i zoomed off to school.