chapter 7: partner to the new boy

Most students don't like coming early to school,but you need to see pentville academy today being Thursday. Well I knew that a lot of students would come early just for the school trip. Even students with the most attendance for late coming also came to school very early. Well am not quite surprised cause I know that they only came this early to school because of the school trip.

..........I came to school by myself today, still thinking of who my partner will be. The next thing I heard was: "everyone gather at the school hall"............

Immediately after one of the teachers made this statement, the whole students raced down to the hall including myself. Upon reaching the hall, I was trying to spot my friends if they are also at the hall because I know that they wouldn't dare miss today for any reason. "Stella, we are over here!!" a voice said from behind. I knew it was Anita's voice because I knew ally friends voice. As I turned, I saw that it was them and they were heading to my direction. "Wassup girls?" I asked them. "Oh we are good and I can't just wait for this trip!!" Rhea said, blushing. "I bet you sure can't!! I answered her, laughing hard".  "girls, now isn't the time for discussion okay? So let's keep quiet and pay good attention to the announcement" Tina said. "Don't blame us, blame Rhea because this trip is all over her face" Anita told Tina. "Fine, why don't we keep on blaming each other and get a detention while others are going on a trip!!" I said.

        "May I have your attention please?" The principal said, climbing up to the top. There was a bit of calmness in the air, then the principal continued by saying: "I can see that most of us came early to school today and am quite sure that it's because of this trip that was postponed from yesterday to today. You all will go on the trip but you need to behave yourselves because if you don't, reports Will be made by the teachers concerning all of you and it would be submitted to me. So anyone caught misbehaving, or trying to pick up a fight, will be dealt with seriously. I would advise you all to not tarnish the school image and behave your best. Least I forget, your partners name will be given to you by your teachers after I finish this announcement, so try to work hand in hand with your partner because there would be a reward for the best behaved and cooperative partners of the little competition that would be organised by your teachers"

There was some murmurs after hearing that there will be a little competition but how bad could it be? I told myself. "Since the school trip would allow everyone to have fun, then there's no cause for alarm" Rhea said. "That's right, and the competition won't take long" Tina added. "It's not like we are competing against another school, more ever, it's just our teachers that would organize the competition so we would still have a lot of time to enjoy" Anita said.

..........While they were saying this, I didn't even add to the conversation because what's on my mind is: "who the hell will i be paired with?" I just hope it isn't any member of the CIAP boys or PRAS girls!!!.........

The principal continued again by saying: "I know you all might be wondering why your embarking on this sudden trip. Well, here's the reason why: Remember that the last debate competition that we had with climax school, we won the debate competition, so a new fun resort recently opened and asked us to be the first to visit the fun resort as a compensation for winning the debate. Well, What more can I say other than to say thank you to our head girl 'Stella' who won the debate for us.  Further more, I didn't want it to seem like you all are only going to play and have fun there, so that's why I told your teachers to organize a small competition for you all, when you get there. That's all for now, the teachers can continue from here" then the principal left.

.........so that answers my question earlier, now i know the reason why we are being paired, its because of the competition............

       Maths teacher told us all, to line up and move in an orderly manner to where p.e teacher was sitting because he was the one giving people a paper which contains their partners name. "Finally we get to collect our partners name" Rhea said. I still don't know why Rhea is over reacting about this so called trip but as for me, collecting our partners name wasn't such an existing news. Anyways, the line was moving as each person collected a paper from p.e teacher. Some people were excited when they opened their paper probably because it is the name of who they wanted to be partners with that was given to them. While some people frowned as they didn't like the name they saw on their papers. Some people even cried when they saw their partners name and tried to beg p.e teacher to change it to the name they want, but the deed had been done.