Chapter Fourteen: Lucas

I am too late, I let her down. I thought to myself as me and my brothers speed to Maddie's house. What was I thinking of letting her go by herself? What kind of man lets the love of his life do something like that? If anything happens to her, I will never forgive myself for it.

"We will be there soon." Greyson said from the driver seat. "He better not lay one finger on her."

"I cannot believe that I let her go on her own." I said, voicing my thoughts.

"It is not your fault; he needs to be locked away." Ryan said from behind me.

"Damn it." Jackson said from between me and Grayson.

"What?" I asked looking around, he did not have to answer me. I could see Ethan on the porch with Maddie on the ground trying to protect herself.

I did not even wait for him to shift the truck's gear into park, I hoped out yelling her name. Ethan turned my way, and then threw one last punch at Maddie, our eyes locking. Seeing the pain in her eyes before she hit the ground.

He took off running as I got closer to them. I could not deal with him right now, Maddie needs me. Falling to my knees beside her, seeing her beautiful face caused my eyes to mist. Her beautiful face is now swollen, and purple is starting to show up.

Carefully lifting her head up and setting her onto my lap. Noticing blood on my hands, I gently checked the back of her head. It is bleeding more than I would like it too. Looking around for something for me to use, and of course finding nothing to help stop the bleeding.

"Margret, it's Lucas. I need a towel and hurry." I called through the closed door, so she would know that I was there. Seconds later Margret came rushing out with what I asked for and handing it to me.

"Is she going to be okay?" She asked with worry in her voice.

"I hope so." I replied, looking down at my girl. I let a tear fall from my eye as I held her. Holding the towel against the back of her head. My entire world laying here in my arms. I cannot lose her, I need her.

More tears threatening to fall as I hold my angel, hearing the sirens in the distance getting closer. Praying with everything in me that she will be okay. She is still breathing, not moving in my arms, and I have not seen her eyes open since she hit her head. My heart is feeling her pain, I cannot breathe from it.

So many people love and care for her and she does not know. She has me and my family now, her children, our children. Ethan needs to be caught, he cannot keep doing this and getting away with it. I will make sure that he will be taken care of.

The medics came running up, moving me out of the way. I feel more tears building up. I look around for my brothers, needing one of them. I do not think I will be able to stand long.

I never want to see this sight again. She should not be laying there like that. She should not be going through any of this. I want her to be happy and safe, is that too much to ask for?

"Is she okay?" Grayson yelled, running up to me. I do not want him to see me cry, but one escapes. Quickly swiping at my eye before he could see it.

"He hit her pretty hard with that last one. Her head hit the cement, and it knocked her out." I told him, looking back over at Maddie. My heart fell as I saw them put her on a stretcher.

"Let me round everyone up. You need us right now and Ethan got away. We could not find him anywhere; he must have been watching more than we thought."

"Great, just what we need. To still worry about his every move."

"He will be taken care of, have faith brother. We will not let any of them out of our sights until he is caught." Grayson reassured me.