Epilogue: Madison

One month later......

Today is the day I have been counting down to. Marking them off as they passed, leading up to our wedding. Lucas and I will be getting married in less than an hour. His family, Bella, and Charlotte are all here for the event. I have not heard from my mom since I told her about the engagement. She was not happy about it for some reason. I hope she shows up today. I know that we have our problems, but I still love and miss her.

Emma and Sofia will be standing beside me. Noah will be on Lucas' side. We wanted a small wedding with only family there. I am nervous even though I will know everyone there. But I am also excited too. It will be just the five of us standing up in front of everyone. The girls wear their favorite color dresses. Emma is in purple and Sofia in blue and pink. My dress was simple, it has different shades of blue and comes up right above my knees.

"Look at you." Bella whistled out.

"Thank you." I laughed out while giving my best friend a hug.

"Is she out there?"

"No, but don't let her bring you down. Today is all about you. If I have to, I will give her a piece of my mind. I will wait till tomorrow, so I don't ruin your special day."

"It's okay, Bella. I will be fine; I have family out there and I have you." I told her, putting on my necklace and earrings.

"You look so beautiful." Lisa said, entering the room.

"Thank you." I replied, giving her a big hug. This last month has brought us closer together. She is a second mom to me.

"Gramps is waiting in the dining room for you. Everyone outside is ready for you."

"Are you ready for this?" Bella asked with excitement in her voice.

"Yes, let's go. I have already waited too long for this day." Walking out of my room to meet Gramps by the table. Bella and Lisa went out to their seats to let everyone know that we were ready.

"Thank you for walking me down the aisle."

"Anytime. We are family and you are my granddaughter now." Gramps replied, taking my arm in his. "Let's get you to Lucas."

Gramps and I walked out onto the patio, the view before me took my breath away. The backyard was perfect, fairy lights hanging up and pink rose petals scattered around on the tables and the ground. Our family fills both sides of the aisle, not two separate families but one. They have made me feel more welcome than anywhere else I have lived. A place where I belong.

Glancing around as I made my way to Lucas, I noticed the smiles on his brothers' faces. Slowly moving my eyes Lucas, he is already looking my way. A smile on his face, bright eyes, and they are zoned in on me. Today is no different, whenever our eyes meet, I get lost in them. The world around us disappears, just Lucas and me.

Seeing the love, he has for me in his eyes gets me every time. The love that I have for this cowboy will never go away. It is a love that you search for. One that I will not be letting go of any time soon.

******LUCAS******

This day could not have gone better, I have my children and beautiful wife sitting beside me. Our family surrounded us with smiles and laughter. I have never seen Maddie this happy before, she has not stopped smiling. I feel like the luckiest man in the world right now.

"I just want to say congratulations to my best friend. She deserves everything, and I am so happy for you. If Lucas steps out of line let me know and I will take care of it for you." Bella said pointing at Lucas. "You better treat her right."

"I promise." Bella's personality is big, she has a loving and caring heart. She has everyone's back and always will.

"Good, now listen up. Your amazing, beautiful wife has something to tell you and everyone here. Maddie, do the honors." Bella said looking at Maddie.

"What do you have to tell us?" I asked, curious at what she had to announce.

"You were supposed to wait till later." Maddie huffed out.

"I'm sorry, I can't keep it to myself any longer." Bella cried out with a laugh.

"Can you tell us already? We want to know; I want to know." I told them sitting back in my chair.

"Get the box Bella." Maddie sighed. "I wanted to wait but she has to be in such a rush."

"She is nervous, that is why she wants to wait." Bella replied, placing a small box in front of me. It was wrapped in gold wrapping paper with a bow on top.

"Can I open it?" Sofia asked.

"All three of you can help dad open it, but her has to be the first to see what it is." Maddie said smiling at us.

"Y'all ready?" I asked, putting the box on my lap, making it easier for the children. Also, to make sure they do not peek inside before I do.

"One, two, three, go!" Nate yelled as loud as he could. They children tore through that paper like crazy. I did not even have a chance to help before they had it all off and threw it at each other.

"Go ahead." Maddie encouraged me. Opening the lid, I saw blue and pink tissue paper. Digging through it to the bottom of the box, I found a small object. Removing my hand from the box and lifting it up so everyone could see. I heard mom scream; I was still staring down at the stick. We are going to have a baby.

"Say something you fool." Bella laughed, moving to our side of the table.

"We are going to have a baby. When? How?" I asked confused.

"It is a miracle, Lucas. He or she will be here around May." Maddie answered, tears in her eyes, and a bright smile on her face. We are having a baby. I cannot say that enough. That has made this day even better.

"Did y'all hear that? We are having a baby!" I exclaimed, jumping up and pulling Maddie up into my arms.

"Kids, did you hear dad?" Maddie asked laughing.

"Yes, is it a boy or girl?" Emma asked.

"I hope we get a brother. I have too many sisters." Noah huffed, crossing his arms.

"I am going to be a big sister!" Sofia squealed as she ran around our family.

"I love you, Madison Kay Ford. I love you with my whole heart." I told her before I gave her a passionate kiss.

"I love you more, Lucas. This is the start of the rest of our lives together." Maddie replied, giving me a quick kiss before she was pulled away by my mom.

This woman has my heart in the palm of her hand, and I do not want it back. She can keep it forever and I will keep hers safe. I have never imagined life going this way for me, but it has, and I would not change it for the world. My love for that woman will never change, it only grows stronger with each passing day. I will love her forever, my heart, my soulmate, my everything.