♦️ Chapter Eight ♦️

Healers worked fast. With Wendy and Porlyusica on Fairy Tail's side, Natsu and Gray were bandaged and healed in a little over forty-five minutes.

"Damn it!" Natsu glared at the ceiling. "DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!"

"Calm the fuck down, flame-brain. We both made a bad decision. We're outmatched in power. Dragon slayer and devil slayer magic are no match for the power of...whatever they are. We've beaten gods before, I don't know what those mages could possibly be." Gray sighed and closed his eyes. He winced sitting up. He was significantly better then he was when he was stabbed, but the pain was still there and very real.

The rest of the Fairy Tail guild gmg teams crammed into the infirmary.

Makarov sat down on a stool and commanded the attention to him. "As you know, I am getting older as the day goes by. I thought I could trust the guild into your hands, but it doesn't seem like ANY of you are even capable."

Natsu opened his mouth without thinking, like always. "But Master-"

The balding short man enlarged his fist and crushed Natsu. "QUIET! You are the one I'm disappointed in most. Lucy is FAMILY. She was a Fairy Tail wizard and deserved to be treated as such, with respect and love from her fellow wizards. I could go on about how you've fallen deeper into this dark pit hole. But we do not have time. I have no doubt we will have to fight the royals. Lucy seemed to have changed drastically and I'm aware of her hunger for revenge." He stopped and gazed off deep in thought.

Mira continued for Makarov. "We are going to lose. As you all know, our master is on of the ten wizard saints. He would have the best chance against their weakest, but he would still lose. The Royals are a league of their own. They rank higher in status and in power over the Dragneels, Spriggan 12, and.....the titans."

"The titans?" Someone questioned.

"The titans were a group of mages that held immense power. Greater than any enemy we have ever faced. They ruled in five empires over the world, ruling as dictators and creating chaos and misery. Their magic can't even be explained, they countered whatever was thrown at them. The Royals saved all the land. There were five titans, like there are five Royals. The first ever Royals sealed away the titans with their lives. Without children, they were reborn into the world centuries after, to seal the titans again. They didn't have to sacrifice their lives to reseal the titans, and so they lived and had descendants and those descendants had descendants and so on. And in each the power grew, but we are now aware they haven't been preparing for the resealing of the titans. They have to resealed before in four moons time. The set up is said to take six."

Erza spoke up. "I'm assuming you're telling this to us for a reason."

"Correct. We think that they don't plan on resealing the titans. They're going to do nothing, which sets the titans free. Our relationship with them is rocky, so we're going to ask Sabertooth for a favor."

Makarov interrupted. "That being said. You all need to stop provoking the Royals. I want apologies and reconciliation. We cannot afford to continue being on bad terms. That was never our way and now more then ever we need them. For the love of Mavis herself, if you all can't fix this by the end of the GMG's, we're done for."

Natsu looked away from everyone's accusing glares and mumbled. "I fucked up but you guys aren't any better...."

"At least he admits it now." Gray ran his hands through his hair. "I suppose I should accompany you to apologize as well."

Mirajane chirped in. "I think it's best if we all go. Master, you had plans to discuss with Lee didn't you?"

"I suppose this could work." Master nodded.