♦️ Prologue ♦️ And ♦️ Chapter One ♦️

Short Prologue Scene

"My dear, you are destined for greatness. And when the time comes, you will rule like I once ruled. My death will come swift and painless and the heavens will be closed and the angels will be imprisioned in their homes until you set them free. My beautiful angel, I will miss you." A young looking Layla Heartfilia spoke to her daughter. "When you are given the chance to escape, take it."

Lucy was a young girl at the time. She did not understand the meanings of the words and the naive child was unaware of the morning to come.

That next morning she woke up with a feeling of dread, but she did not know why she felt such as way. Lucy made her way to her mother's room only to find it empty and untouched. The room felt pure but closed in on the girl, it felt like a cage rather a bedroom.

Lucy had run through the mansion shouting for her mother, only to run into her father.

"Father? Where is mummy?" A worried look filled the child's eyes.

"Tch. Your mother is gone. The damn witch lived too long anyway." Lucy's expressionless father stated in disgust.

Lucy did not understand. Her mother was gone? Witch? What? Why is father being so rude to his own wife? What really made her mother disappear...

♦️ Chapter One ♦️

Lucy woke up with a yawn and headed towards her guild like any other day. She opened the large guild doors quietly and walked into the guild.

She remembered when she used to be so excited that she actually was a part of the famous Fairy Tail guild. She had so many wonderful adventures with the guild she called family. She didn't realize that once Lisanna "came back from the dead" it all would change. Turns out they only thought of her as a replacement for Lisanna.

After white-haired mage returned from the dead, nothing ever was the same for Lucy. She was ignored and treated like a maid. They never laid a hand on her in fear of being questioned by the guild master, Makarov. Lucy struggled to pay for her rent, taking small jobs that paid little of what she needed.

Months went by and she was still ignored, left behind and forgotten. They called her weak and started to throw things at her, but never causing harm. The only person who remained kind to her was Mirajane, the older Strauss sister was as kind as ever to Lucy. Telling the other to back off and saving small jobs that Lucy would be able to handle.

Lucy always felt like she was missing something, there always seemed to be something calling her away from where she was. She knew that she needed to escape from the so-called light guild. The media was unaware of what went on behind closed doors and thought that Lucy just wanted to go solo and not drag down Fairy Tail.

She ordered her regular strawberry milkshake from Mirajane, who was more than happy to make for her and sat down on a bar stool far away from the rest. Mirajane could only look at her in pity and do her best to pick up the pieces that the rest of the guild broke off her.

She was slurping her milkshake, only for it to be knocked out of her hand by nonother than Natsu himself.

"Oi! Why did you make Mirajane make that for you? You should have made it yourself! And put on some real clothes!" Natsu shouted at the blonde mage.

"Yeah, tch, slut."

Your tits are hanging out ya bimbo."

Her eyes burned with tears, threatening to fall and bring satisfaction to the bullies around her. "Shut the fuck up." Her voice came out quiet and timid, scared to provoke the anger.