♦️ Chapter Three ♦️

"So...how should I discover my powers?" Lucy quipped.

"Well, it was different but the same for all of us. We were put in a situation that threatened us in some sort of way. After that, instinct. We all knew at least a fraction of minor magic but the powers we unlocked made us more powerful then we could imagine. Since not all of us were trained for this, like Aimee, I personally, was only thinking about revenge on those who hurt me and my family." The lilac haired mage eyes narrowed at the remembrance of darker thoughts. "I went for revenge."

Lucy was hesitant to ask, but was quite curious. "Did..did you get your revenge?"

Lee nodded. No words were spoke but somehow they all imagined the bloody scene that could have taken place.

"So I need to be in danger?" The former fairy hardened and was quite ready to find a dangerous situation.

Lucas laughed. "Not particularly, Lucy. Now that we have each other we don't necessarily need to endanger ourselves. We can aid you on your journey of finding your powers. Think about it, Lucy, when you were younger you were taught the basics, but you were too young. Your mother did not teach you more damaging spells because she knew your frail body would not be able to take it, but she would have left hints. Any sayings, objects, even better a spell book?"

The blonde thought about it and recalled her mother telling her a story everyday, so she would never forget it. "I do recall a story she told me all the time. 'A prison lies beneath us, monsters sealed away. When the last former royal dies, the seal breaks and the monsters are set free. In a century's time, the warriors prepare. Only then shall the royals rise like pheonixes and lock them away again. Each royal shall find their power in death, pain, sorrow, vengeance, and love. Together they killed the monsters and burn like ashes just as the monsters did, before history repeats itself an era later."

Lucas, Aimee, Lee, and Andrew looked at her with a shocked expression.

Andrew was the first to speak. "Well, that explains a lot actually. It's basically a prophecy that repeats itself over the years."

"Let's go over everything the story tells us. Analyze line by line, word by word. We can't miss a thing. This tells us how our powers are unlocked as well as predicts and oncoming fight that we are supposed to win together." The demon queen went to commander mode.

"Damn. Way to make this like work, demoness." Aimee sighed. "Let's have fun together figuring this out!"

Lee rolled her eyes. She was so carefree, which is why Lee had to be the one with her head on straight. "First line, a prison lies below us. It sure as hell isn't hell."

The queen and kings laughed, "That's punny!"

Lee deadpanned. "No. Don't go there."

The blonde sighed in amusement. "Why isn't it hell? A prison lies below us? Sounds like hell."

"Simple. One, I would know exactly what this story would be talking about. I keep all my prisoners accounted for, and two, any seals we have were passed to me. My mother kept a record, no off record seals would still be held since the caster is dead now. I do my rounds as well. Three, hell and the underworld is a realm, it's not literally underneath this earth." Lee explained plainly.

"So it isn't hell." Aimee thought for a while. "I think it could mean that it is actually is underneath us, like in the earth. When I feel the earth around me, there is a gape somewhere, but I am guessing the seal keeps me from finding the coordinates."

"So it's a literal underground prison." Lucas stated the obvious. "And monsters sealed away probably are just monsters, so no interpretation needed."

They looked at him, shook there heads and sighed.

The four mages had summoned quills and paper, writing out the theories. Lucy took a quill and a piece of parchment and wrote the second line. " 'When the last former royal dies, the seal breaks and the monsters are set free.' Huh. Is anyone's mother or father still alive?" Lucy asked.

"Yes, but not a King or Queen."

"So any royal left is gone. Meaning we have a century to prepare?"

The royals were stumped. There parents had surely not been alive for over a century and they don't think they have a century in their lifetime either.

Aimee put her quill down and leaned back on the couch. "I'm tired, I think we are done for today."

With that, they royals gathers the papers and set them in a neat pile before going off to train.

Lee was teaching Lucy the uses of her wings. Not only can they be used for flying, but with training, their wings can be a powerful wind that can push opponents or objects out of the way. Stories of former Royals say that they could create weather disasters, however non of the young Royals have mastered that skill yet.

"I'm getting it!" Lucy soared with Lee happily in the air. She felt free, from the burden of returning to an abusive guild. "I feel....like I was meant for this!"

Lee smiled knowingly, the freedom flying gave to a person. Unless that person was afraid of heights, then that would be a problem. "You were, Lucy, you were.."

"What? I didn't hear you!" Lucy now flew steadily in the same spot.

"Oh nothing, Lucy."

"Okay, Lee! If you say so!" Lucy then flew with Lee back to the guild.

6 months later (So I'm too lazy to research whenever the GMG's are supposed to be so it's now lol also time skip cause I'm lazy...)

Lucy circled the clouds before flying through them. The wind on her face felt magnificent, it was refreshing. She flew over Fiore, far above the judgmental eyes of others and landed on a statue surrounding the Grand Magic Games arena. She landed on her feet, before stumbling. Catching her balance she sat down on the head of the statue, legs dangling and swinging back and forth.

The blonde mage grew three inches over the six months, making her 5'8. Her muscles had grown substantially, not bodybuilder muscles, but you would be able to tell she did some training at first glance. Her golden hair had grown longer and she now wears it in a high ponytail with a black scrunchie holding it up.

Lucy scanned the arena, remembering the past years she fought with Fairy Tail...and was so weak. The skills she learned training with Lee, Lucas, Aimee, and Andrew made her stand a little bit taller when she walked through the city she used to love so much. Now she felt was finally part of something bigger! Team Natsu was powerful, but she would always be considered a weak link. She was the limiter, to keep the group from becoming too powerful. She hoped that she would not be that same person in the Royals.

This time, she would fight her former friends. No mercy. If there was one thing she learned from the six months she trained and spent with the Royals, it's that they only needed each other. Everyone else was a hindrance, with their stereotypes, their high standards, and their lust for a good public reputation.

The Grand Magic Games started tomorrow and for the first time she felt strong enough.