♦️ Chapter Seven ♦️

Lucy learning healing magic was a disaster. Meaning in the thirty minutes they had, she only could heal small cuts with a healing light but anything larger than a stab wound she wouldn't end up doing anything besides making her hand glow.

"ARGHH! Why are we doing last minute lessons?!?" Lucy slammed her forehead on the table and pouted. "I'm done for now. I feel like I'm just wasting magic."

"Probably because you are." Lee confirmed. "Rest. You have enough time to replenish."

"Finally! Sleep!" Lucy headed over to the couch, shoved Andrew off and blacked out the moment her head hit the cushion. Light snores could be heard accompanied by angry grumbling of Andrew.

"She really just stole my couch." He said aloud still processing.

"Yup. Time to get over it, pumpkin face is talking now. Sounds important." Lee waved the awake members to the balcony to listen.

Mato's pumpkin face showed up on the lacrima. "Due to circumstances, we will be taking a short break from the fights and doing another event!" Boos were heard throughout the crowd, they wanted a fight.

Andrew scoffed. "Lame."

While Lucas laughed. "Yea, circumstances! Like two people bleeding out!"

"The event is the Monster Castle! But with a twist! Instead of one hundred monsters, there are one thousand! Stronger, faster, and better than the ones last year!" Mato continued the announcement. "Send your wizards in to pick straws!"

"Volunteers?" Lee asked.

"Like I said. Lame." Andrew responded before finding another chair to rest on.

"I just fought so someone else gotta pull their weight." The purple haired mage stated plainly.

Aimee pondered on her decision. "Ehh....nah I'm good."

"Well, leaves you than Lucas. Off you go."

Lucas was shoved off the balcony, he hit the ground hard, vision spiraling. "Acnvirnfiskbbab- eh?"

The crowd sweat dropped at the forced entrance of the Royals mage, Lucas.

He stood up, his gait wobbly and disoriented. He ended up walking past Mato, who tried shoving the sticks in his direction.

Eventually, after a few tries, he picked his straw.

"OH HEY! I GOT NUMBER ONE!" He waved over at his guild, or what he thought was his guild.

"WE'RE OVER HERE DIPSHIT!" Shouted Aimee, who always took the chance to tease him.

"I KNEW THAT! I'M WAVING RIGHT AT YOU! WHY ARE YOUR LIPS NOT MOVING?"

"CAUSE THAT'S NOT ME, IDIOT!"

"I AM NO-"

A voice cleared over the arena. "Since you got one, you'll be going first. Just go into the castle and tell it how many monsters you want to fight."

"YAY! I'M GOING TO FIGHT ALL OF THEM SO THIS CAN BE DONE QUICKER!" Lucas excitedly ran up into the castle. He was like a kid in a candy store buying a chocolate bar.

The lacrima asked him how many he wanted to fight. "ALL ONE THOUSAND BITCH!"

The audience and contestants were in shock. One thousand? For sure it was crazy when Erza defeated all one hundred last GMG's, but even she had a hard time.

Erza let out a small laugh. There was no way he was going to be able to kill all one thousand, and even if he could it would take a while. The castle is no small building.