𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Ayra stands at the stove, flipping pancakes. Simone, Tiana, and Jasmine sit at the table, still looking groggy and half-asleep.

"Good morning, my beautiful girls," Dwayne said as he entered the kitchen.

"Good Morning," Ayra said with a smile.

"Morning," Simone said.

Tiana and Jasmine exchange tired glances. "Good Morning," They both said, their faces lacking excitement.

Simone's gaze lingers on Dwayne, who stands by the counter, preparing his coffee.

Ayra places a stack of pancakes on a plate and sets it in front of Simone, Tiana, and Jasmine. She then pours a glass of orange juice for each of them.

"Come on, why do you guys sound so tired?" Dwayne asked them.

"Because we stayed up last night, watching movies," Simone answered.

"Oh, that's why none of you were in your beds when I came home," Dwayne said.

"Yeah, we had so much fun but we're tired and need to go back to bed," Ayra said.

"Nap time," Tiana said.

Dwayne shakes his head. "Sorry, no nap time, we have a big day of family fun day," Dwayne said.

"Fun day? Dwayne, what do you have planned?" Ayra asked him.

"No, I'm not telling, just eat your breakfast and be ready by 11," He answered.

"Well, sit down and eat," She said as she placed a plate of pancakes in front of him.

Around ten, Ayra rushes to the bathroom to get ready. She quickly brushes her teeth, applies minimal makeup, and pulls her hair into a sleek ponytail.

At eleven, everyone is downstairs in the foyer, waiting on Dwayne. "How does he tell us to be ready by 11 and he's not even ready," Simone said, rolling her eyes.

Dwayne walks down the stairs with a smile. "Let's go, ladies," He said.

Dwayne then grabs Ayra's hand and leads them to the door. Dwayne locks the door behind them. They pile into the car. As they drive to their destination, Dwayne glances at his daughters through the rearview mirror, smiling.

"Does anyone want to guess where we're going?" He asked them.

"Is it the gym?" Tiana replied.

Everyone laughed. "No," He said.

"The park," Jasmine said.

"Nope," He said.

"Horse riding," Simone said.

"No, but close," He said.

Ayra raised an eyebrow at him. "What are we doing? Bike riding?" She asked him.

"Ding. Ding. We're going bike riding," He answered.

"Oh lord," She said as she and the girls groaned.

"Trust me, it's going to be fun," He said.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at the bike park trail and parked next to three black Cadillac XT4 that Ayra immediately recognized as she read the license plates.

"You invited Joe and them?" She asked him.

Dwayne nodded. "Yup, I told you, I'm going to make this family work," He answered.

Ayra smiled. "Okay," She said as she got out of the car.

Two hours later, Ayra was ready to go home. Her ass was hurting from the bike. Things had turned competitive between the adults. Joe knocked her over twice trying to get in the lead. Jon got lost and Joshua somehow found a cave and was hiding in there while eating snacks. Dwayne also got caught in a bush because Simone tried to avoid a bunny in her path.