𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Later that night as soon as Ayra made it back to the hotel, she ain't even look at Dwayne. She got in the bathroom and took a shower before taking a Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator that she got from one of the hotel employees on her way up to her hotel room.

Ayra stared at the test with an emotionless expression. She wasn't upset about the results but she didn't have an immediate emotion towards it. The test result is Pregnant with a numerical result of 2-3 displayed indicating that conception occurred between two to three weeks ago.

"Ayra, are you okay in there?" Dwayne asked as he knocked on the door.

Ayra opened the door and slammed the pregnancy test against Dwayne's chest. "Congratulations, Daddy," Ayra told him before shutting the bathroom door closed in his face.

Ayra slid down the wall and sat on the floor. She never imagined that she would be this emotionless after finding out she was pregnant. Her emotions and thoughts did not make any sense to her.

Dwayne opened the door and walked in. He sat down next to her and placed a hand on her lap. "Are we happy or sad?" Dwayne asked her.

"Are you happy?" Ayra asked him.

"I'm happy but you seem out of it," Dwayne answered.

"I don't know how I feel," Ayra said.

"You don't feel anything," Dwayne said.

"I don't feel overjoyed, happy, nervous, sad, angry, anything. I don't feel any emotions," Ayra said.

Dwayne lays his head on her shoulder. "Don't worry. It takes a long time to sink in," Dwayne said.

"What if it doesn't?" Ayra asked him.

"I'll be here, I got you," Dwayne answered.

This was a shock for Ayra that she felt nothing. She thought she would have a dramatic moment when she found out she was pregnant but now that it's a reality, she is numb.

"Maybe when I go to my doctor... It'll sink in," Ayra said.

"It will," Dwayne said.

Dwayne stands up. Suddenly she was no longer sitting on the floor, and a strong arm was wrapped around her waist. Dwayne carried her out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

"Don't think too much about this, okay, we'll figure it out," Dwayne said.

Ayra nodded. "But you happy about this like really happy, right?" Ayra asked him.

Dwayne smiled. "I'm over the moon happy about this," Dwayne answered.

As long as Dwayne was content with the situation, Ayra was satisfied. Over the coming months, they would figure everything out and simply do what felt right.

"Okay," Ayra said.