Chapter 7: Drop off

The rally of buses slowly cruised along a long lonely highway with a dense forest on either side and no residence or human to be seen in the range of a naked eye. Damien was staring out the window while the red haired girl sitting beside her continues to clear her throat and crossing legs from time to time to draw his attention. When she realised her attempts were only but in vain she abruptly broke the silence and spoke "I'm Clover". Damien scoffed as he responded "I never asked". Clover felt offended by his answer and tried to snap back when he immediately followed up with his answer, "You do know that you're trying too hard to seek my attention when I am not even interested". On this statement, Clover looses her cool and stomps on Damien's foot. But Damien sat there looking out the window without even a flinch from the pain. At this point, Clover gave up on her attempts to gain his attention, folded her arms and straight in her seat with the sulking faces without uttering another word. As the sun settled behind the towering mountains that spanned across the landscape, a tall black man stood up from beside the driver's seat.

He had deadlocks made from his thick black hair, brown eyes glazing from the golden sunlight, and a fine built body wearing a black military outfit as he walked down between the seats of the bus addressing everyone, "20 minutes till we arrive at our destination". He had a thick african accent with a heavy resonating voice as he spoke loudly to the passengers of the bus. "You are to take care of your equipment as you exit the bus. The authorities will not be responsible for any sort of loss." Ashe uttered these words the bus started to slow down and eventually came to a stop, as a view of a large airport runway. The passenger started to descend the exit door and started to crowd up in front of the path that led to the airport as the black man followed and yelled out to gain everyone's attention as everyone paused to listen to what he had to say. He continued, "My name is Fariq Wawithani, I am the new head combat instructor at Wellington's High and will be the examiner for this examination. The forest on either side of the road is the property of this institute and will be used to conduct this examination. The name of the test is Black Sheep and the rules are simple, survive me until the crack of dawn as I hunt you down. The ones who pass this test will move on to the next stage. Keeping in mind the number of seats available are only 100 this year so this is not the final stage. The total number of approved participants are 200 and will be displayed on the watch provided to you.You are to head to the table stationed beside the cargo plane and equip one watch and one parachute bag from it. You are also to stash your equipment in that backpack and then board the cargo plane. We are not responsible for any sort of loss or damage so feel free to board teh buses back home if you like, it will be an hour before i start hunting you down counting as of this moment. GO!".

On his call, everyone sprinted towards the runway, some with the sense of adrenaline, some with the sense of panic. As they followed the rocky route towards the airport runway, the vision blockade of dense trees decreased from either side of the eyes, revealing a sight of a huge cargoplane with its fans humming smoothly, ready for take off. Beside the humongous plane was the sight of a long table on which there was a pile of bag packs stashed alongside the table was a large basket of watches barely visible from the distance. After a short jog, everyone approached the table to grab the backpacks and the watches. Damien could already sense the tension in the air as everyone was striving to go first even though it was just to board the plane. Damien noticed Clover following behind, more like stalking him than paying attention to the exam. But he appreciated her mental awareness as she was cool and calm and aware that there was no need for a hassle in boarding that plane since everyone was required on it for it to start moving. But something more unusual about her that she had brought nothing with her. Damien's attention fell back to the examination procedures as he picked up his own backpack amongst all the chaos, wore the designated watch that was given to him and observed it. He noticed that watch didn't display the time but the number 200 which clearly represented the total number of participants left. Suddenly a voice came from everyone's watch saying "The plane is about to shut its door in 5 minutes. Please proceed quickly".

It was the voice of none other than the instructor Fariq as Damien noticed that he was not around and hence proved that this watch was also to communicate instructions to the students. Fariq didn't need to speak these words as everyone had already boarded the plane and the only ones left were him and Clover who were also climbing up the aisle of the cargo deck before the door closed behind them. It was quite packed inside and there was no place to sit as the plane started to move, speeding on the runway, taking off and finally gliding in mid air as Damien waited for the drop off signal when suddenly he heard a beep from his watch. He looked at it as he noticed the number had turned to 199. The authorities will not be responsible for any sort of loss. So that included the loss of life as well. The game had already been statted since the instructor had occured the word go. Then he heard a large thud of a body falling to the ground, some gasps and some shrieks following it as Damien is lost in deep thought and everything seemed to slow down into a world of silence. So no matter what, he couldn't escape his past afterall. So this was his only choice. As his senses returns back to the surroundings, it was already in chaos as everyone pounced and tranpled on one another, eager to kill just for the sake of success, the metallic smell of blood mixing in the air and the noises of blades, shreaks and roars sirened around. Damien finally realised he had no choice and at this moment,

He drew his blade....

Outro:

Sorry guys I didn't know which song could vibe with the ehole chapter because the pace was quite concerning so yeah i knew the outro that would hit the most so i added that. Im open for recommendations though