Prayer and Answers

Thanks to sweetrollstealer for this idea and the last one. I appreciate it. :)
~
Praying is indisputably one of the most important parts of Christian life and growth, possibly the most important.
So what do we do when we feel like God isn't listening, or He isn't answering?

First off, I'd like to say that God is always listening. Good grief, He hears us when we're not praying, let alone when we are. But sometimes we start to feel like God isn't answering our prayers at all, which can lead to us doubting His love and care for us. If He really loves me, why isn't He answering my prayers?
Well, there can be at least two reasons we might feel that He isn't answering.

1. He's actually saying "no".
God always answers prayer. The standard Christian-cliché phrase for this situation is "sometimes He says yes, sometimes He says no, and sometimes He says wait. But it's always an answer." This line, however overused, is true. Sometimes,God simply chooses to say no to our prayers because, despite what we might want or think is best for us, He has a different (and better!) plan in mind, even if we can't see it for quite some time.

2. We aren't listening right.
I've had times in my life where I've felt like God is silent: giving no comfort; no help; and no companionship. Then I've realized that it's really me. I've discovered that I usually start to feel alone about the time I start getting really distracted - when I start letting life and fun stuff get in the way of my prayer and devotional time and even my thoughts about God. I'm a very easily distracted person, so it's not hard for me to slip into routines that leave very little time for God; but once I get back on track and stay there for a while, I can hear God again, and everything just starts to feel better.
~
Job 33:26 "...Man prays to God, and He accepts him, he sees His face with a shout of joy, and He restores to man his righteousness."

Proverbs 15:29 "The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous."

Matthew 6:5 "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
~
I hope this was helpful. If anyone has any questions, or suggestions for the next chapter, please comment here or PM me. :)

Brooke ❤️