Homosexuality (Part 2)

Okay, so Hailee here- part one was Brooke.

So I've read most of the comments on Brooke's chapter, and I'd like to add my own views to stuff so all can see.

I mean, knowing me, I can't make any promises of staying completely on topic, but...

For starters, I will say that Brooke is NOT a homophobe. Seriously, Brooke is one of the most understanding and accepting people that I have ever met. She was simply stating her beliefs, and meant no offense to anyone. And I know that should you walk up to her as part of the non-heterosexual community, I can assure you that she will treat you no different than anyone else.

For starters, I will explain my journey with the whole thing.

As I grew up, I just heard the term "homosexual" and didn't really know what it meant. But it was always in a negative context. So I always figured it was this terrible thing that I wasn't old enough in my parents' eyes for them to explain this to me.

Slightly older, I found that the term homosexual meant people of the same gender being attracted to each other. Growing up surrounded by people no doubt against it, I gained a decently negative view of it too.

And then as I was somewhere with my dad and older sisters, my oldest sister mentioned she had a friend who was bi. I had no idea what the term bi meant, I had never heard it before.

(Oh wait- I had heard of it before. And with homo meaning something along the lines of one, and bi meaning two, so I thought bisexual meant you were attracted to the opposite gender, meaning straight. By my misunderstanding I may or may not have identified myself as bisexual before...)

So anyway, that day my oldest sister explained that bisexual basically means that you're attracted to male and female equally. (My apologies for that misunderstanding. I have since realized that it's not always equally. But still attracted to both male and female, just maybe preferring one over the other.)

And then... At the beginning of eighth grade, Brooke introduced me to an amazing a cappella group, Pentatonix. I soon found out that two of the guys, Scott and Mitch, at least at that point were-no idea whether it's changed-gay. So I put a bit of thought into the topic. (And by change I mean I don't know if they still use the term gay or if they identify as somewhere else on the LGBTQ spectrum.)

I remember talking to a couple friends at some point in December- and I mentioned something about a theory my dad had that basically sexuality had something to do with genetics, and these two friends almost flipped at me, and said that sexuality was a choice, and genetics had nothing to do with it. To this day I have no idea what causes it.

There's also a conversation I had about it with a few other friends and I basically came to the conclusion that... Since Jesus forgave the murderer on the cross next to him, then is it really even possible in the slightest that you won't be forgiven for being attracted to the same gender?

So for seventh grade and the first semester of eighth grade, I went to a private Christian school. Christmas break of eighth grade I moved halfway across the country, and started at a public school second semester. The first day was terrifying, not because of the new school and new people, but because of all the swearing and whatnot I was not used to at all.

My fourth day I met this girl, and she's been a super close friend ever since. Soon after meeting her, I found out that she was by. Me being super open about my faith, she knew pretty much the first day I met her that I was a Christian. So she asked me if marrying a girl would cause her to go to Hell.

Is there any sin too great to be washed away and forgiven by the blood of Christ?

The answer to both: No. The answer to the first because of the answer to the second.