Bonding

In the warm embrace of her bed, Viridity's eyes fluttered open, and she took in a deep, shuddery breath.

Excitement coursed through her veins, and she threw the covers off of her and quickly stood up. She regretted it instantly and had to sit back down again to regain her balance.

Time passed as if it was being dragged along by a snail, but it was finally time. In her impatient anticipation, Viridity had spent her entire evening preparing an outfit.

Her sisters were definitely sick of having to model outfits, but it was a perk of being a part of a triplet for her.

Before she could go anywhere, she had to eat her breakfast. Scurrying into the kitchen, she opened her cooler and took out a slice of the berry pie she had made.

Luckily for her and her kitchen, the pie had turned out well, without any major complications. Her only issue was that it didn't turn out as aesthetically pleasing as she would have liked.

Shaking in anticipation, Viridity freshened up, brushed her teeth, and did her skincare. Afterwards, she put on some light makeup and put on her clothes.

Thanks to her sisters, she had picked a green floral sundress that flowed down to her ankles, a sunhat that had a green ribbon wrapping around it and darker green-coloured trainers.

With her outfit on and hair done, she left her burrow and set off.

It took her a while to get to the clearing in the forest where she'd first met the blonde, but she'd made it just after the sun reached the middle of the sky.

And sat waiting for her was Alexandra.

The blonde looked down at her watch and then back at Viridity's smiling face. "You are a little late, but it's fine."

Alexandra turned around and grabbed a brown basket; however, it was closed, so Viridity couldn't see what was inside. "I brought some food so we can have a picnic.".

Alexandra turned around and walked down to a dirt path. She looked back at Viridity and tilted her head before she asked, "Are you coming?".

The smile on her face made Viridity's heart skip a beat, and after a moment of silent staring, she ran down towards her new friend.

That was the first of many meetups, with the sheer size of the forest and its magnificent beauty.

The pair did a variety of things from exploring the parts of the forest that were hidden from view, have picnics in the flower fields and any clearings they found particularly breathtaking and watching birds soar freely in the clear blue sky.

Alexandra, or Andra, as Viridity had started nicknaming her, liked to bring new foods from the markets that were near her holiday home.

The last treat she brought with her was a doughnut. The glazed sugar and the sweet jam were something Viridity had never tasted before.

It was pure bliss.