Bestie

The sun's bright rays were covered by a thick wall of clouds. Each of the leaves that hung from the tall trees engaged in a passionate dance, swishing and swaying with the wind.

A large nursery sat surrounded by foliage that covered the baby blue wooden walls. Soft crunches could be heard, made by a pair of bunny hybrids shivering in the cold.

Today's task was babysitting. It was much easier than her friend was making it seem.

"Ugh, I really don't want to have to take care of those kids!" Maybelle complained. She had a much harder time with the children.

"Their really not that bad." Viridity shocked her head and laughed, watching her friend try not to fight the kids was one of the highlights of her day.

"Easy for you to say! The terrors don't try to bite you!" The girl rubbed her arm at the unfortunate memory.

"You need to be more calm and relaxed. They take in tour energy and return it." Digging through her pockets, Viridity took out the keys to the nursery.

It was earlier in the morning, so the children hadn't arrived yet, which was good because they would definitely not appreciate the dark, bare rooms.

It took a while to set everything up a bit after they did. It was time for the children to come in.

Viridity sat at the front desk and signed all the children in before they moved into the cafeteria.

The morning breakfast was a fruit salad paired with fresh orange juice. Whilst the kids were eating, Viridity and Maybelle sat together and chatted.

"So Elle…" smirking Viridity leaned towards her best friend, "how's it going with your crush?" Maybelle had told her about a crush she had a week before but refused to tell Viridity who it was.

“Not good,” Elle looked out the window with a distant look in her eyes, “she doesn't even know that I like her.” Her voice came out as a soft whisper.

“Just tell her!” Viridity encouraged. If the girl didn't like her, then that was that. There was always a possibility that the girl liked Elle back. She just had to ask.

“I'd rather not..” Elle responded.

“Miss Maybelle, I'm done!”

The pair looked at each other and laughed before getting up to help the children move onto their first activity.