Out

Lying in her bed, Viridity gazed absentmindedly at her ceiling, thinking to herself.

How did they get the ceilings underground? Did they ask the ground to make some room?

Maybe…

But that was just to try and take her mind off if someone else.

Alexandra.

She hadn't seen her in a while as the last time they met, she had said she would be busy with business stuff.

What does that even mean?

Now, I feel regret, Viridity wished she had asked more questions. She should have asked if she could go with her.

As emotional support.

Viridity technically could follow her, Alexandra had a distinct smell, and Verde's nose (like the rest of her senses) was extremely sensitive.

Yeah.

She’d do that.

What's the worst that could happen.

Viridity sat in her closet crossed legged and puffed out her cheeks in thought. What do you wear when you're going to make great decisions?

She could just ask her mama. She doesn't live that far away. But does she really want to go out when it is dark.

No.

She'll just have to choose on her own.

By herself.

After spending an hour looking for an outfit, the hybrid had settled on a sky blue babydoll dress, a silky white scarf, and white flats.

Looking at the outfit on her mannequin, she felt a little less anxious. It looked cute, and that's what mattered.

With that thought in her head, she climbed into bed and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the soft pillow.

Day time arrived far too quickly for Viridity to emotionally prepare. Not that there was much she could do about that.

She crawled out of her bed and into the bathroom. She did her business and freshened up before dressing herself.

It took 45 minutes to get her makeup done after she wiped off the eyeliner and fixed the blush on her cheeks, but she looked good.

Acceptable.

She styled her hair into low pigtails and rushed downstairs. The girl would have eaten, but she wanted to save room for her snacks when she got to wherever there was.

After putting on her socks and shoes, she threw her bag over her shoulder and opened the door, and walked out.