Chapter 2

Ananya's Pov :

I was hoping that I don't get bumped in Ray or Aditi for the rest of the day but I guess God didn't want that because when I went to my history class Ray was sitting there on the seat which I had claimed mine.

Biting back the urge to curse by just looking at him. The anger building up in me just by the sight of his face. I ignored his gaze on me and I went and sat on the last seat of the class.

Ray and I usually used to sit together in this history class because it was the only class which we had together otherwise we were in different classes for the whole day.

Our history teacher entered and I wanted to get out of the class when he said "You all will be doing your next assignment in pairs" and eventually I knew that fate would have paired me up with Ray and I still wanted to believe that I heard him wrong but no.

"Ananya Arora and Ray Sharma" he said. He told everyone to swap their seats so as to sit with their partners but I didn't bother to get up and next thing I saw was Ray walking upto my bench.I tried my best to avoid him and not talking to him and he did the same. I could feel the heavy air between us. I could smell his perfume which reminded me of our old little things when I buried my face in his chest or when we together watched movies. I wanted to curse at him not only for dumping me but also for leaving all those memories lingering at the back of my head. 

___________________

The first thing I saw when I walked out of the classroom was Ray leaning against the wall and we held each other's gaze for a moment and I wasn't able to move from my place.

"Hey" he said and I turned my face because I didn't wanted him to see how he effects me.

"What do you want" I asked looking at him. 

He didn't replied right away. 

And when the pause was long enough to make me feel that I couldn't breathe any longer. I said "Kuch ni kehna tha to roka kyu" and when I turned to leave I felt his hand holding the crook of my elbow and turning me towards him.

"Aditi is worried about you" he said looking at me waiting for my reply but spoke up again "Akhri baar kb Baat ki thi usse" he asked calmly.

I didn't wanted to show myself weak in front of him. "That's none of your business" I said looking straight in his eyes.

I freed my arm from his grip and ran away from him and went out to have lunch.

___________________

"Hey it's you"I paused. I knew to whom this voice belonged and sure enough I was greeted by Dev Joshi in the parking lot.

I was still shaken from the talk before with Ray and just wanted to go home and crawl into my bed. I saw Dev coming towards me and as soon as he reached me he said, "I didn't found you at lunch today"

"Kyu mujhe dhundh re the kya" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe" he said with his usual smirk.He stood there arm folded on the top of his car parked next to mine and looking at me with his all time amused smile waiting for the reply.

There was something about Dev at made me hesitated to believe him. His vibes were enough to make me irritate but everything about him seemed perfect which he was probably not.

I didn't said anything and slid into my car and just when I was going to close the door he spoke up, "Are you coming to second year's fresher party" he asked staring at me with his dark brown eyes.

He didn't had any sign of hesitation in his voice. His smile was not less than anything but confidence. He just kept his eyes on mine waiting for the reply.

This reminded me that Ray was so different from Dev .When he first asked me out he wasn't able to stand properly, stumbling on his words and scared to even make a proper sentence. He cheeks were the same color of the rose which he offered me.

And Dev was nothing like him, he stood there confidently without any fear of getting rejected.

"I'll think about it" I said and closed my door and drived away.

I sneaked one last look at Dev from rear view mirror and he still was looking at me with his amused smile and that reminded me that how easy was it for him to ask out girls and play with them.

And I refused to be played by him.

___________________

I thought of stopping by at a grocery store on the way to pick some stuff.

I was still getting used to the silence in the car because Aditi was always there with me on the passengers seat either singing songs or talking about boys or playing on her phone.

Aditi was really good in maths and she always helped me with it because I was dumb in mathematics and she was a genius. I for, one loved literature and helped her with her assignments.

We instantly became friends when we were paired for our literature assignment in the first year. People usually said that it's normal to have arguments with your best friends but I and Aditi never had one.

Until a week ago.

"Ananya" Someone called from behind and
I recognized the voice and my grip on the packet I was holding tightened. I kept it in the cart and turned around.

"Ananya" Aditi again repeated as if she wasn't sure it was me from the back.

We both looked at each other and stood their still and looking at her reminded me of our argument and how she left me at the party alone and worst - she called Ray for help. It filled me with betrayal, hurt that she didn't even knew me well enough to think that the last person I would want to get help from was Ray and she took his side.

After that night she tried calling me several times but I didn't picked up, texts, emails, voice mails she tried everything but I didn't replied.

And finally she said, "You haven't been receiving my call or texts"

"OH toh Ray ko call krna tha na, bolna tha Ananya se baat ni ho paari" I said sarcastically and looked up to stop my eyes to shed any tear. "OH maybe you already did" I said and looked at her.

"Anu let's talk" she said.

"Why? So that you can tell me how stupid I am?" I said controlling my voice to waver. "That you can tell me I shouldn't go out and have fun and kamre me khudko band krke uss gadhe ke liye rou" I said angrily.

"Anu you don't understand" she was saying and I almost shouted, "I'm the one who's not understanding?"

"Please talk to me" she said but I didn't wanted to talk there anymore and I turned and walked away with my trolley leaving her behind.

________________________________

Heyy guyss I hope you all liked the first chapter and I'm really delighted with your comments and views❤️❤️❤️

Don't forget to shower your love on this one too and keep voting and commenting 🤗🤗

Target: 5+ votes, 3+ comments

Till then bye bye! 😊😊

~ Arshita❤️