Chapter 11

"It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on"

Ananya's Pov

"I'm not getting on that thing" I said as Dev was standing in front of me with a bicycle for his picnic.

"But we're going on a picnic" he said beaming enthusiastically and shifted the bicycle towards me.

"Bicycle ka picnic se kya lena dena" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Arey isse picnic ka pura experience milega" He said.

"Can't we just take your car" I asked pleasingly.

"Come on Arora" He said coming closer with the bicycle "It's fun"

"No, I don't like bicycles" I said backing off.

"Don't tell me you don't know how to ride this" He said and when I didn't say anything he looked at my face and realization dawned over him.

"Are you serious" he asked as if he didn't expected this from me.

"Acha let's do one thing, you just have to sit back there and hold on tight" he said and I shooked my head telling him no.

"Come on yrr, I promise humlog nhi girenge" he said insisting.

"Tumse ladne ka koi fayda to hai nhi coz u don't listen to anybody" I said giving up.

"Exactly, now come" He said happily and went closer to where he was standing.

"I'm telling you if I get hurt, you're dead" I said sitting back and holding onto his t-shirt.

"I don't break my promises, Arora" He said.

________

I almost fell off that stupid bicycle while getting off but somehow balanced myself.

My heart was beating loudly against my ribcage even though I hadn't been one doing all the driving but I wasn't able to catch my breathe.

"I'm not.... going to ride that thing ever again" I said catching my breathe.

"Come On yrr, I wasn't even going that fast" Dev said looking at me smiling.

"You were" I said as I was so scared sitting behind him when he was driving so fast and I thought we were definitely going to crash so I ended up tightening my grip on him.

As for Dev, he gave me his all time amused smile and was enjoying my misery. He chuckled and signalled towards my head and said "Your hair"

"What?" I asked.

"Your hair" he again said and when I reached up to smooth it out, but he bought his hand and ruffled them.

Knowing my efforts were futile I just folded my arms and glared at him and he stopped the second he saw my look "I hope you enjoyed all this" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes ma'am, I sure did" he said chuckling and then started walking. I walked upto him and and started walking beside him.

I like parks just because they are always beaming with life and happiness. There are children playing, families enjoying, couples walking hand in hand and everything is lively and beautiful.

I felt really good being here but I wasn't going to tell him this and I was really grateful that he insisted me to come out.

"We used to come here a lot" he said smiling and looking around "Di loved to go on picnics and always forced everyone to come here"

"Toh forcing problem puri family me hai" I said murmuring and he smiled nudging me with his shoulder.

"Admit it, it's better that sitting in the house all day" he said and I replied "Yess sir" and we chuckled.