Chapter 5

"Sometimes what you're looking for comes when you're not looking at all" 

Ananya's pov

I was unable to take in what my eyes were looking at when I saw that I bumped into Ray and my face was like I have seen a ghost right in front of me and his expressions probably mirrored mine.

Back them I and Ray never went to any parties and when I asked him that why don't you go to any of your friends' parties he always replied "You don't like parties, I don't like parties, that's it"

He never went to any parties or maybe he went and I didn't knew, whatever it was right now it felt like another betrayal.

"Anu" he said and my name sounded so different from his mouth after all this time.

"Nice to see you here" I said in tone which must be showing the taunt I wanted to give him.

I was just blankly looking at him unable to take in my surroundings when he asked, "What are you doing here?"

I could see anger and disgust running through Ray's eyes when he looked at him and I don't know what came to Dev when he came forward and kept his hand around my waist bringing me close to him.

Ray's eyes were fixed where Dev was touching me and anger was building up in him clearly and Dev spoke up "Come on, Ananya let's go"

Ray looked back into my eyes and his face showed many expressions he was angry, confused, HURT. 

"Anu.... What" he was saying when I cut him off.

"Yeah, I was just saying hi" I said trying to cover up my bursting emotions.

At that moment I and Dev turned and lest immediately not even waiting for a second because somewhere I knew that I couldn't take it anymore. We came near a wall and when I was sure we are hidden I slumped against the wall as if my energy gave up.

After few minutes I looked up at Dev and said "Tumhe vo sb krne ki jarurat ni thi"

"Kya krne ki" he asked looking at me.

"Seriously mai handle kr leti" I said making my voice stable.

"Ha bhut ache se handle kr rhi thi" he said and I protested "I did" when he cut me off.

"You're not over him" he said and looked straight in my eyes.

I kept telling mysefl that I'm over him but I knew I wasn't I wanted to forget everything but I couldn't.

Someone telling me this made me feel more miserable and I hated myself for that."I am" I told him but I know that it's a lie.

"Ananya" he said and I looked at him and he shooked his head at me and held me from my shoulders and said "I know when I see a heartbreak" and I looked down just to make sure I was stable.

I knew that I wasn't over him but was it that obvious? Does everyone see through me? Does everyone knew what I was suffering from? Was it that visible?

When I didn't answered he said "Let's go I'll drive you home" and kept his hand at my back taking me forward and we headed towards the exit and just as we were stepping outside someone held my arm and dragged me towards him.

I looked back in astonishment only to find Ray and I almost stumbled.

"You're not going anywhere with him" Ray said dragging me towards him.

I snapped back my hand back from his grip and when I opened my mouth to speak Dev came beside me and said "Get lost Ray"

I was shocked to hear the same disgust in Dev's voice as when Ray spoke about him. I knew Ray always hated Dev but didn't knew that hatred was mutual from both sides.

"Leave her alone" Ray said and the looked at me coming for my hand when I flinched and backed away.

"You don't get to tell me what to do" I said mustering up enough demon in me.

"Come on Dev" I said and held Dev's hand and started leaving.

"Let me take you home Anu" Ray said from behind in a softer voice and added "please"

I didn't even bothered to look back. 

___

I was trying to fresh up my mind and sleep off while our way back to my house. I just couldn't take my mind off of what just happened back there. Dev was quite all the time on way back and I was thankful for that.

Suddenly the car stopped and I opened my eyes to look of we reached my house but we didn't. I looked at Dev with a questioning look and when he didn't replied I asked "Where are we?"

And then I again looked at him with a questioning as to know why we had stopped here. And he spoke up "Ray Sharma hates me" he said and I was shocked as I wasn't expecting this.

"I know" I said. 

"You saw the way he acted back there" he said and I was irritated because I didn't wanted this conversation now.

"Hum log ye baat kyu krre hai" I asked annoyed.

"I can help you" he said and I looked at him in confusion.

"Help?" I asked.

"I can help you to get back at him, you know if you want to" he said and I looked at him in disbelief and thought if he had hit his head somewhere.

"What are you talking about" I asked not able to get what he is saying.

"I know you're not over him" I looked at him irritated when he added "And probably he knows too"

"I am" I was protesting but he cut me off.

"He's going crazy, seeing you with me" he said and I turned to face me completely.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

And the thing he said next was I never even expected to hear from Dev Joshi. I don't know if he was in his senses when he said this because I wasn't able to believe what my ears heard.

"Go out with me" DEV said and I was shocked would be an understatement.

"Are you serious" I asked to be sure if I heard him right.

"I mean it" he said and and added "It'll drive him crazy"

"No" I said in a tone that made clear that I thought this is not something I'm going to agree about and added to make sure "Agar tumhe lagta that I'll accept this shitty idea so no, I would never" I said and looked back out of the window.

"Just drive home" I said annoyed.

I thought he would fight with me for this nit he didn't say a word and started the car and finally stopped in front of my house.

"Thank you" I said and opened the door when he stopped me and said "Think about it"

I looked at him for a second and lied "Fine" and added "whatever" and stepped out and snapped close the door and went home.

__________________________________________

Hola guys.... Hope you all like the chapters please press the star button and shower your love in the comments section.