Chapter 3

"Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder"

Ananya's Pov

Last time I met Ray before our breakup was when I went to his house to give him surprise and spend a day with him. He wanted to complete his graduation and study abroad which made me happy but at same time it also bothered me as I couldn't had imagined my life without him.

I went to his house and rang the bell and he opened the door and a wide smile covered his face.

 "Heyy" he said and hugged me.

"Surprise!!" I said and added "I brought ice - cream."

"You know me too well" he said and we went and sat on a bench in his garden.

We were talking and eating ice cream and unfortunately he was talking about going abroad which brought a change in my expression and when he looked at me he stopped talking.

"Hey what's wrong" he asked facing me.

"No.. Nothing" I said and hung my head down.

"Tell me" He said keeping his hands on either sides of my face.

"It's just I can't imagine myself to be here without you" I said almost in a mumur.

"Just leave it I'm alright" I said and sat straight. 

"But I'm not" he replied and I looked at him.

"I thought about it and again thought about it, but Mai tumhare bina nhi reh paunga and that's it" he said and hugged me.

That time his words made my heart delighted, his words were bliss for me and I really believed them.

After two weeks he broke up with me.

____

In these last four days I got used to my daily routine which was ignoring Ray in history class, leave in lunchtime and go out so that I don't get bumped in Ray or Aditi in the canteen. These days it was just me with me I used to wander alone in the college corridors.

Just as I was leaving out to have lunch I heard a voice behind me and I closed my eyes as I knew who it was.

"Caught you" Dev said at the entrance of college gate.

Dev's Pov

I was wandering at the entrance of the college gate when I saw Ananya coming out from there and unknowingly a smirk came on my face and I went to her.

"Caught you" I said from behind and she turned.

"Yaha kya kr re ho?" she asked without any expression.

"I was beginning to wonder where do you dissappear in lunch break" I said ignoring her question.

"Why? Are you stalking me?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

I laughed and kept my hands in my pockets and gave her a lazy shrug.

"What about that party Arora? Are you coming tomorrow?" I asked her smirking.

She looked at me for some seconds and spoke up "Did someone told you to do this to me, maybe a bet or anything."

I gave her a 'are you serious' look and I could feel her expression to change a bit with little bit of guilt.

"Nhi mera matlab, I can't imagine this, like you trying to spark up conversations with me all the time" she said and I smiled.

"I just wanted to say thanks for that pen" I said and she looked at me in disbelief.

"Sirf ek pen tha Dev, that's it so stop stalking me" she said and started going toward her car.

"Isse stalking nhi kehte isse dil bada hona kehte hai" I said in a filmy way keeping my hand on my heart.

"I'm coming tomorrow" she said and I stopped. A huge grin came to my face when she added "just tomorrow's party and you will not bother me again" she said looking me in the eyes.

I smiled looking into her dark brown eyes and said "That's the only way it goes"

"Fine" she said and turned "Bye see you" I said and she left and I kept staring at her car until it was out of sight.

A huge smile apperead on my face and I just couldn't stop it when someone patted me on the shoulder 

"Itni khushi" I turned around and there he was, my best friend Sumedh.

"Iss badi si smile ka raaz?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Abe kuch nhi chal na chalte hai" I said ignoring his smirk as I can't hide anything from him.

"Acha beta tere chehre ki hassi bata rahi hai kuch to gadbad hai" he said in a heavy voice.

I laughed at his antics and hitted his head playfully and we went to canteen.

_________________________________

Ananya's Pov

I reached home and saw mom's car parked in the garage and realised that it has been days since I met her or talked properly to her.

As soon as I entered the house I saw her on the couch in the living room doing some work on her laptop and busy with some papers in her hands. She simply looked up at me and averted her gaze back to her work the other second.

Probably I would have asked 'what did she wanted for dinner or should we eat together' but I didn't because somewhere I knew she would ignore me once again and tell me 'Not today or some other time'. So I just picked up and apple and went straight upto my room and lay upon my bed staring at the ceiling.

Since dad left getting divorced with mom and went abroad and never came back, I and mom also somewhat drifted apart from each other. She indulged herself completely in her work and worked day and night forgetting that she even have a daughter.

Back then Ray and Aditi knew about all this and they never let me to feel alone or lonely as one of them was always with me to keep me company.

I kept staring at the ceiling and thought about my life and agin and again thought about it and the conclusion was that I was left with nothing but loneliness and being alone in this world and I don't even know what was ahead of me or what was going to happen in future.

_______________________

Heyy peeps!! 🤗🤗🤗

So update is here and I hope you all are liking my book and if so pls keep supporting it❤️

Don't forget to shower your love all over and keep commenting and hit the star button⭐

Target: 10+ votes