Chapter 8: Prime Suspect Number One

Y/N's POV

I'm now at the hospital with Tara. I've called Axel and he's here with me.

I've been stitched up and even gave Tara some of my blood as I have a universal blood type.

Axel: Bro, I can't believe this happened. I mean, who did it? Besides ya know it being ghostface. Did you see them?

Y/N: No. It all happened so quick.

Axel: Damn, bro. This shits whack. First the world discovers you're the son of a famous serial killer and now you've been attacked by a person donning the suit of your father. That's rough.

Y/N: Yeah. Well, the faster they find this guy, the better.

Axel: Or girl.

Y/N: What?

Axel: Well it's not impossible that ghostface could be a girl. Remember 2011? Jill Robert's? Oh my god! I just realized something.

Y/N: What?

Axel: You're Sidney Prescott's nephew.

Y/N: Yep.

Axel: Okay, that's cooler than it should be. It's like you've taken her spot of being the main character.

Y/N: I'm not a character of anything, Axel. Just a guy who helped save a friend.

Axel: Yeah, well it's still cool.

After a moment or so of talking, Sheriff Hicks comes into the room.

Y/N: Judy.

Judy: Y/N.

She looks at Axel.

Judy: Could I have a moment with him?

Axel: Yeah. Imma get a coffee.

Axel leaves the room.

I get out of bed and grab my clothes.

Judy: Don't you think you should rest? You took a knife to the back.

Y/N: I'm fine. So what can I do for you, Sheriff?

Judy: Just need a statement from you about what happened.

I start to get dressed.

Y/N: I already told your officers what happened, sheriff. It was ghostface.

Judy: That's not possible, Y/N.

Y/N: I saw him. I talked to him on the phone.

Jusy: My officers checked the scene. There was no one around wearing a ghostface suit.

Y/N: I'm telling you, he was there.

Judy: Where were you tonight?

I raise a brow.

Y/N: What?

Judy: Before you got to Tara's, where were you?

Y/N: Come on.

I sigh.

Judy: Answer the question, Y/N.

Y/N: I was out. I took a drive. Then when I got home, I heard screaming and went to check it out.

Judy: With a gun?

Y/N: I didn't know what was going on. So yeah, I grabbed my gun which I have a permit to carry.

Judy: So, let me see if I have this correctly, you took a drive, got home, heard screams from next door, grabbed your gun and broke in? And that's when you saw ghostface?

Y/N: Yes.

Judy: Now this drive, did it occur before or after you threatened to scissor the eyes out of your former coworkers?

I scoff.

Y/N: Obviously I wasn't gonna do it, Judy. I was angry.

Judy: Angry enough to take it out on Tara? Maybe she got mad with you over what happened, had a fight, you stabbed her?

Y/N: This is a joke I don't have time for this.

Judy: We could talk here or down at the station. Your choice, Y/N.

Y/N: I'm seriously a suspect?

Judy: Prime suspect number one actually.

Y/N: I arrived after Tara was attacked, he called me from my mother's phone number. He must've called Tara too! That's the M.O. check my phone records, check Tara's phone records. You'll see.

Judy: That's the thing, Y/N. We did check. Tara received three calls minutes before her attack.

Y/N: And?

Judy: All came from your phone. Then you just so happened to get there after she was attacked.

My eyes widen.

I stand up and run my hands through my hair.

Y/N: That's not...That's not possible. Sheriff, I didn't do this, I didn't hurt anybody. What about the phone call from my mother's phone?

Judy: There is no phone call from your mother, Y/N.

I shake my head.

Y/N: Yes. Yes there was.

I start pacing.

Y/N: I feel like I'm going crazy. I didn't... I didn't hurt Tara.

Judy: It's okay, Y/N. All you've gotta do is be honest.

I look at her.

Just then I see ghostface behind her. I instantly jump back.

I breathe out as she looks backwards and then back at me.

Judy: Y/N, are you okay?

Y/N: Yeah. Look, Judy. I didn't do this and you have no evidence that I'm involved. So unless you're charging me with anything, anymore questions you have can go through my lawyer.

Judy: Alright. Now, as a friend. How are you?

Y/N: How am I supposed to be? I mean, it feels like everything is fucked up.

Judy: That's because it is. But, Tara's alive, that's all that matters.

Y/N: Yeah.

Judy: Well, I'll let you get some rest, Y/N.

I nod.

Judy leaves the room.

I grab my phone and look at the call history. That phone call from my mother's phone definitely happened.

But there's something else I have to do. Something important.

I scroll through my contacts and find Sam's number.

I got it from her mother a while ago though I've yet to actually call her.

Y/N: Here we go.

I call her.

After a moment or so, it stops ringing and I have to leave a voicemail.

Y/N: Hey, Sam. It's me. Uh, I know I'm the last person you'd ever expect to call you but uh...it's important. I need to talk to you. So when you get this, please call me. Uh, okay, so bye.

I hang up the phone.

I wish it wasn't under these circumstances but I do hope that Sam calls me back.