Chapter 23: Breaking Point

(One Week Later)

Y/N's POV

So I'm now back for another session with William.

William: I'm glad we could do this again, Y/N.

I just nod.

William: How was your week?

I shrug.

Y/N: Fine I guess.

William: What'd you do?

Y/N: Nothing really.

William: Nothing, really. What do you mean by that?

Y/N: I don't know. I just... didn't do much.

William: Hmm... Alright.

He writes down on his clipboard.

I've been thinking about how we ended last week's session.

Y/N: Could I ask you a question?

William: That's what I'm here for Y/N. Answer any questions you have, and to help you. Let me help you, Y/N.

Y/N: Do you think I'm a bad person?

William: Well, it depends on what way you mean, Y/N.

I scoff.

Y/N: You know what way I mean, doc. I mean I almost killed that guy at the fair and I wanted too. And I wouldn't have cared if I did. Do you think that makes me a bad person?

William: I think.... You went through a horrible trauma. A trauma that no person should ever have to go through. And what I take away from what you've told me is that key word, "almost" which means you didn't. You stopped yourself from committing a horrible action, Y/N. If you were truly bad then you wouldn't have stopped.

He leans forward.

William: Do I think you're a bad person? No. Now, do I think you're someone who's suffered? Yes. And that's why I'm here, Y/N. To help you through your suffering.

I nod.

William: Now, how's the medication working for you? Have you seen your father?

Just then, I hear chuckling and see Roman standing behind William.

Roman: What a croc. You really think this guy can help you? I mean, come on, son. Just kill him and get it over with. Heck, there's a pen right in front of you. Kill him and be done with this whole barbaric scene.

I look down at the pen.

Just then, William's voice brings me back to reality.

William: /N... Y/N.

I look up at him.

Y/N: I'm sorry, what'd you say?

William: Has the medication been working for you?

I look at Roman then back at William.

Y/N: Yes. I have no problems since taking it. In fact, I think I'm more sane than I've ever been.

William: That's wonderful. I'd say we're making quite a bit of progress.

(Two Hours Later)

So ive just arrived back at my house. I walk in and see mom and dad in the living room.

They've been staying with me the last couple weeks.

Michelle: Hey sweetheart.

Y/N: Hey mom.