Heyday of the Robotech Empire (Beginning of the Protogen Wars)

1362 A.D.:

The Tirolian Robotech Mercantile Empire deploys the Zentraedi Imperial Fleet to take Garuda by force.

1363 A.D.:

The Zentraedi Imperial Fleet commissions the Thuverl Dalem-class Heavy Cruiser.

1364 A.D.:

The Garudan planetary government surrenders to the Zentraedi Imperial Fleet.

1365 A.D.:

The Zentraedi Imperial Fleet subjugates Spheris.

1378 A.D.:

Karbarra begins an arms build-up in anticipation of a possible conflict against the Robotech Empire, which is undergoing a massive wave of aggressive expansion. This culminates in the development of a new type of starship-mounted weapon known as "Reflex Weaponry," combining the power of a nuclear weapon with the advantages of an area-affect beam gun and impervious to the anti-missile defenses that are mounted on starships.

1379-1382 A.D. (152000-154100 I.C.):

The Karbarran-Tirolian War; In response to the Karbarrans' military build-up, the Robotech Elders immediately dispatched the Zentraedi Imperial Fleet to Karbarra, which was soon conquered with minimal collateral damage and loss of Karbarran life, and its great industrial capacity turned to Imperial needs. The Karbarrans are then forced to give up their secrets to Reflex Weaponry, which the Elders' Scientist Triumvirates perfect for their own purposes.

The Robotech Empire produces several new classes of Zentraedi and Meltrandi warships armed with Reflex Weaponry.

The Autonomous Republic of Ci'Vonia loudly objects to the loss of its trading partner, Karbarra, but was mollified by assurances of autonomy and free trade with Tirol.

1382-1400 A.D.:

The Robotech Masters "unify" their sector of the Large Magellanic Cloud under the Tirolian Robotech Mercantile Empire. (This includes all of the systems later referred to as the Sentinels Confederation.) The Masters begin a second wave of space colonization.

The Tirolian people are completely prohibited from having children by means of natural reproduction. Tirolian children from this time forward are produced in groups of three identical clones. Offspring with unfavorable genes are assigned new genes by the Center for Reproduction in central Tiresia.

1387 A.D.:

The frame of Zor's Greater Protoculture Matrix is simplified by the Scientist Triuvirmates, resulting in the mass-produced Lesser Protoculture Matrix. These matrices can produce a limited capacity of Protoculture, unlike their original counterpart.

1393 A.D. (161000 I.C.):

The Rape of Optera; The Robotech Elders start to grow uncertain of their positions as their power was derived from Protoculture, which could only be produced by the Invid Flower of Life. To resolve this, they ordered a detachment of Zentraedi harvesters led by Zor to defoliate Optera of all of its Flowers of Life, ransacking the local Invid Hives in the process. Many Invid warriors take up arms against the invaders, but are put down by the superior weapons of the Zentraedi. During the Zentraedi pacification of the restless Invid, both the Regent and the Regess are killed amongst the chaos. It was only the telepathic outrage of the Regent's and Regess's daughter, who would become the future Regess, who felt betrayed by Zor did he leave Optera with only a small percentage of the Flower of Life. Despite this, Optera was left as a barren wasteland with little to no life, leaving the Invid to starve to near extinction.

Angered by this betrayal by those who were once thought of as allies, the Invid begin to transform from a peaceful species into a war-like one that sought vengeance for those that had wronged them. The former Regent's and Regess's Royal Advisor and the Invid Princess both take up the position as the new Regent and Regess. Under their leadership, they set about deciphering advanced Tirolian technology given to them by Zor in their initial alliance, creating a vast army of war machines in preparation for an upcoming conflict against the Robotech Masters.

Now as the sole masters of Protoculture, the Robotech Empire starts to cement its total dominance over the entire Large Magellanic Cloud and begin expanding its influence into the neighboring galaxies and star clusters.

When an ashamed Zor returns to Tirol from Optera, he discovers that his father Zol has seemingly died from a terminal illness during his house arrest (in reality, he was poisoned in his sleep by the Robotech Masters' assassins during Zor's absence). Now finally determined to end the evil that he had unleashed, he reunites with his old lover Arla and the two destroy all records on the Flower of Life's biology and how to replicate it, making sure that the secrets to create more Protoculture will be known to him and him only. However, once they were finished with their work, Zor's former best friend Vard confronted the pair and killed Arla in blind loyalty to the Robotech Masters. In a fit of rage, Zor turned his weapon on his former friend and killed him.

1394 A.D.:

The last remnants of the Insurgency are defeated by the forces of the Robotech Masters.

A project to grow the Flower of Life in greenhouses on Tirol meets with limited success.

1398 A.D.:

The Tirolian Imperial Forces recommissions the Nupars Zytsche-class Fold-Capable Colonization Vessel as the Sian Azashar-class General Purpose Vessel, intended to serve as motherships for their defense fleets and personal flagships for the Robotech Masters.

1400 A.D.:

The Tirolian Imperial Forces begins the development of "Bioroids," general-purpose humanoid weapons piloted by the warrior clones of the Tiresian Legion.

1406 A.D.:

The mass production of Bioroids begins. Many of them enter service as part of the local planetary security forces of Tirol and the Robotech Empire's space colonies.

1450 A.D. (202000 I.C.):

The new triumvirate clones called Triumviroids are perfected.

The Robotech Elders and the Master Triumvirates retire to their great fleet of Sian Azashar-class motherships to live with their new triumvirate clone society, abandoning Tirol's surface.

The annexation of the Seren Globular Cluster is completed by the Zentraedi and the Tirolian Robotech Mercantile Empire begins to consolidate their power.

The Protogen Wars begins; Commanded by the Regent and the Regess, the Invid Regency begins a fold-guerilla campaign campaign of terror against the Robotech Masters' outermost worlds with their newly-formed fleets of war machines and hive ships. The Zentraedi Imperial Fleet succeeds in forcing the Invid to flee Optera, but this harassment continues after the Invid adopts a new world in the Small Magellanic Cloud outside the Tirolians' sphere of influence as their secret base of operations.

1459 A.D.:

Spheris finds itself under attack during an Invid lightning raid. Invid troops appear in orbit and harass the Zentraedi and Meltrandi stationed there while ground troops spread about the surface. Before being driven back, Invid transports ferry thousands of tons of the smaller Spherisian Risia Crystals off-planet. These crystals are later shaped into a gigantic cloud of crystalline dust, capable of detecting Protoculture emissions across vast distances. Shaped magnetic fields are used to contain and move the cloud. The Invid Sensor Nebulae is born.