𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Barren summits to the verdant plains

〰〰〰𖠳 〰〰〰

"See? Old village, lots and lots of new houses."

"𝔽𝕀ℝ𝔼!" echoed through the air as a Viking man urgently yelled, rallying a group of individuals around Frida's age to respond. The group came running for aid, surging past Frida in their determined sprint.

"Let's go!" a voice, belonging to one of the group members, urged as they raced to retrieve buckets of water to combat the spreading fire on the hut. Among them, a boy in a fur-like outfit resembling a bear, clutching a bucket, sprinted with a sense of urgency. Another boy, with a frown on his face and an air of massive ego, competed for a bucket, contrasting with a flirtatious dynamic. Amidst the chaos, a boy and a girl fought over another bucket, known for their mischievous pranks that often kept the village on its toes. The diversity within the group reflected the varied personalities and skills that each individual brought to the community during times of crisis.

"That's Fishlegs, Snotlout, the twins: Ruffnut and Tuffnut..."

A boy with long, golden locks, a portion of his bangs stylishly covering one eye, emerged with a determined stride. In his hands, he carried a bucket filled with water. With a swift and practiced motion, he splashed the water onto the flames, a cascade of droplets extinguishing the fiery menace.

"... and..."

As he turned around, the fiery explosion behind him cast a mesmerizing glow that accentuated the contours of his features. The play of light and shadow added an unexpected allure, making him appear more attractive in Frida's eyes. The radiant backdrop of the flames enhanced the golden hues of his locks, creating a captivating image that momentarily held her attention. Amidst the chaos and danger, the unexpected beauty of the moment left a lingering impression, and Frida found herself drawn to the striking figure who had just quelled the flames with such grace and skill.

"...Astor."

Frida's gaze fixated on Astor with a mesmerizing intensity, and within her eyes, one could glimpse a tapestry of emotions-adoration, respect, and perhaps something more nuanced.

"Their job is so much cooler."

As the group of Vikings ran past once again, Frida found her eyes instinctively following them. Leaning forward to get a better view, she was abruptly grabbed and lifted away from the window by Gobber. "Aw, come on. Let me out, please. I need to make my mark," she pleaded, her eagerness evident. Gobber set her down, a knowing smile playing on his face.