𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Far from the fjords and the ice cold currents

〰〰〰𖠳 〰〰〰

𝕋ℍ𝔼 rain pounded relentlessly against the rooftops of Berk as Frida trudged up the steps leading to the great hall, her clothes soaked through from the downpour. Inside, the warmth of the fire greeted her, providing a stark contrast to the chilly, wet weather outside. She entered just in time to hear Gobber's gruff voice addressing the group. "Alright, where did Astor go wrong in the ring today?" he questioned, prompting Astor to speak up.

"I mistimed my somersault dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble," Astor admitted, his tone tinged with self-criticism. Ruffnut didn't waste a beat in chiming in, her sarcasm evident. "Yeah, we noticed," she quipped, earning a smirk from her brother.

Astor's gaze lingered on his drink for a moment before being drawn to Frida, who stood by the entrance, her form silhouetted against the flickering flames of the hearth. Gobber's attention shifted to her as well. "He's right. You have to be tough on yourselves," he remarked, his eyes resting on Frida, who ignored the scrutiny as she made her way to an empty bench with a plate of food. Gobber's next question was directed at Frida. "Where did Frida go wrong?" he inquired, though he already seemed to know the twins' answer.

"She showed up," Ruffnut quipped with a smirk, earning a chuckle from her brother. "She didn't get eaten," Tuffnut added jokingly, a mischievous glint in his eye.

Astor's gaze flickered to Frida, a hint of concern crossing his features before he spoke, "She's never where she should be." Before shaking off the concern feeling and turning his gaze away from her Gobber slammed a book down on the table, drawing everyone's attention back to him. "Thank you, Astor. You need to live and breathe this stuff," he instructed, his voice firm as he emphasized the importance of their training "Thedragon manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of." As the sound of thunder rumbled outside, Gobber's tone softened slightly. "No attacks tonight. Study up," he ordered before walking away, leaving the group to contemplate the dragon manual laid out before them. Tuffnut couldn't help but voice his incredulity. "Wait, you mean read?" he exclaimed, his tone incredulous, while Ruffnut echoed his sentiment with a skeptical look. "While we're still alive?" she added, the humor evident in her voice despite the seriousness of their situation.

"Why read words when you just kill this stuff the words tell you stuff about?" Snoutlout questioned, his tone dismissive as he leaned back in his chair.

Fishlegs, on the other hand, seemed positively enthusiastic. "I've read it seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. And there's this other one..." he began, his voice brimming with excitement.