𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Ravens soar over new frontiers

〰〰〰𖠳 〰〰〰

𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔻𝔸 trekked back through the dense forest toward the secluded cove where she had encountered the Night Fury before. Her steps were cautious, her senses alert for any sign of movement or sound. As she approached the edge of the clearing, she peered over her shield, scanning the area for any glimpse of the elusive dragon. Upon spotting no immediate threat, she tossed a fish onto the ground, hoping to lure the creature out. As she advanced further into the cove, her shield became wedged between two rocks. She attempted to retrieve it, but it stubbornly refused to budge, leaving her momentarily frustrated. Eyeing the fish in her hand, she continued onward, unaware that the Night Fury was silently observing her from atop a nearby rock.

As Frida moved deeper into the cove, the dragon lowered itself from its vantage point, its presence catching her by surprise. Gasping, she held out the fish tentatively, cautiously watching the dragon's reaction. However, upon noticing her knife, the dragon tensed up defensively, growling in warning. Sensing the danger, Frida slowly withdrew the knife, dropping it to the ground and kicking it away.

With the threat seemingly neutralized, the Night Fury relaxed slightly, its gaze fixated on Frida as she extended the fish once more. Gradually, the dragon approached, opening its mouth to accept the offering. As it consumed the fish with surprising swiftness, Frida couldn't help but comment, "Toothless, I could have sworn you had..." Her words trailed off abruptly as the dragon's teeth suddenly became visible, snatching the fish before her eyes "...teeth."

After devouring the fish, the Night Fury turned its attention back to Frida, its gaze lingering on her expectantly. Feeling a bit awkward, Frida held the tail of the fish uncertainly, unsure of the dragon's intentions. However, as the dragon made a gurgling sound and regurgitated the trout's tail onto her lap, Frida's expression twisted in disgust. She glanced up at the dragon, who sat back and regarded her intently. Realization dawned on Frida as she understood what the creature wanted. With a resigned sigh, she offered the tail to the Night Fury, meeting its gaze for an awkward moment before the dragon motioned to the tail and to her making her understand on what to do.

Frida's initial disgust was palpable as she reluctantly brought the fish tail to her mouth, fighting the urge to gag as she took a tentative bite. Holding it in her mouth, she forced a smile through the revulsion, her eyes betraying her discomfort. She extended the tail to return it to the dragon, but her gesture was interrupted by the creature's swallowing motion, leaving her wide-eyed and defeated.

With a resigned sigh, Frida complied, swallowing the fish tail whole, her body shivering in disgust as she fought the urge to vomit. She forced herself to keep it down, mustering a smile as she looked at the dragon. It returned her gaze momentarily before attempting to mimic her smile, a sight that left Frida in disbelief. As she reached out to touch the dragon, it growled warningly, causing her to retract her hand. The creature then took off to the other side of the lake, blowing fire onto the ground to create a warm nest for itself. Its attention was momentarily diverted by the sound of a bird, prompting it to fly away in pursuit.