𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Rise and reign

〰〰〰𖠳 〰〰〰

𝕋ℍ𝔼 atmosphere crackled with anticipation as Gobber swung open the gate leading into the arena, welcoming Astor and the group into the heart of dragon training. "Welcome to dragon training!" Astor took a deep breath, a sense of determination settling over him as he exchanged glances with his companions, each clutching their weapons tightly. "No turning back," Astor muttered under his breath as they stepped into the arena, their eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of danger. Astor gripped his axe tightly, a bead of sweat forming on his brow as he brushed his bangs away from his eyes.

"I hope I get some serious burns," Tuffnut quipped, his tone filled with a strange mix of excitement and bravado.

Ruffnut chimed in, her voice equally eager. "I'm hoping for some mauling like on my shoulder or lower back," she declared with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it," Astor added, a sense of camaraderie settling over the group as they prepared for the challenges ahead. Their banter was interrupted by a sarcastic voice from behind. "Yeah, no kidding, right? Pain, love it," Frida remarked dryly, her tone laced with bitterness as she joined the group without so much as a glance in their direction. Tuffnut's annoyance was palpable as he muttered, "Oh great. Who let her in?" before Gobber's authoritative voice cut through the tension.

"Let's get started! The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village," Gobber announced, his voice commanding attention.

Snotlout couldn't resist a jab. "Frida already killed a Night Fury, so does that disqualify her?" he quipped, eliciting laughter from the twins. Ignoring the taunts, Astor stole a glance at Frida, who met his gaze briefly before averting her eyes. With a sigh, he turned away, falling into step with the group as they went to the heart of the training arena.

"Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?" Tuffnut muttered under his breath as Frida hung back, her eyes downcast.

Gobber approached Frida, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. You're small and weak... that'll make you less of a target. They'll see you as sick or insane and go after the more Viking-like teens instead," he offered, his tone meant to comfort. Frida shot him a sarcastic look. "Thanks, that makes me feel better," she retorted dryly as they rejoined the group, Frida positioning herself next to Fishlegs.

"Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight!" Gobber declared, gesturing towards a series of doors lining the arena. "The Deadly Nadder!" Gobber announced as Fishlegs rattled off its stats. "Speed 8, armor 16," he recited, his voice filled with enthusiasm. Moving on to the next door, Gobber continued, "The Hideous Zippleback," prompting Fishlegs to chime in with its attributes. "Plus 11 stealth. Times 2," he added eagerly.