𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Vows of favor or the thrill of plunder

〰〰〰𖠳 〰〰〰

𝕋𝕆𝕆𝕋ℍ𝕃𝔼𝕊𝕊 became alert and started running toward Astor and Frida, his posture tensed with suspicion. Astor, quick on his feet, stood up and readied his weapon, his eyes darting between the approaching dragon and Frida. "Run, run, Frida!" he urged, his voice filled with urgency. But before Frida could heed his warning, she tackled Astor down to the ground, preventing him from attacking Toothless. Just as Toothless prepared to pounce on the Viking, Frida swiftly pushed Astor's weapon away from his grasp and stood between him and Toothless, her hands outstretched in a calming gesture. "It's okay! It's okay!" she reassured them both, her voice steady despite the chaos unfolding around her.

She then faced Toothless, speaking in a soothing tone, "He's a friend." Toothless, still wary, calmed down slightly, his growls subsiding into low rumbles. Frida maintained her position, holding Toothless back as she turned to face Astor, who stood up, "You just scared him." Astor's expression a mix of fear and confusion. "I scared him?! Who is him?" Astor demanded, his voice trembling with uncertainty. Frida released her hold on Toothless, who continued to eye Astor with suspicion. "Uh, Astor, Toothless. Toothless, Astor," Frida introduced them, hoping to ease the tension between the two. Toothless emitted a low growl, his warning clear, before Astor, overwhelmed by the situation, turned and ran.

"Da da-da, we're dead," Frida muttered under her breath, shaking her head in disbelief at the turn of events. Toothless shook his shoulders nonchalantly and turned to leave, but Frida quickly stopped him, her voice firm as she spoke, "Woah, woah, woah. Where do you think you're going?"

Astor ran through the dense forest, his breaths coming in ragged gasps as he sprinted, his heart pounding with fear. Suddenly, Toothless swooped down from above, catching Astor in his claws. "Oh, great Odin's ghost! This is it!" Astor exclaimed in terror as Toothless carried him effortlessly through the air, his grip tight on the Viking. Eventually, Toothless dropped Astor onto a high tree branch, leaving him clinging desperately to avoid falling. "Frida, get me down from here!" Astor shouted, his voice filled with panic, as he looked pleadingly at Frida, who was seated confidently on Toothless's back, who was still glaring at him.

"You have to give me a chance to explain," Frida implored, her voice calm but determined. Astor, still shaken, retorted, "I am not listening to anything you have to say!" Frida met his gaze steadily and offered, "Then I won't speak. Just let me show you." Astor hesitated, his eyes darting between Frida and the ground, who was growling softly. "Please, Astor," Frida urged softly, extending her hand toward him.

Astor glanced at her hand before reluctantly lifting himself up and gently smacked away Frida's hand, gingerly climbing onto Toothless's back behind her. "Now get me down," he demanded, his tone tinged with fear and frustration, as he looked down nervously. Frida turned to Toothless and stroked his head gently. "Toothless, down. Gently," she commanded calmly. With a low rumble, Toothless opened his wings. "See? Nothing to be afraid of," Frida reassured Astor, her voice calm and soothing. Suddenly, Toothless shot upward, startling both Frida and Astor, who screamed in alarm, barely managing to hold on. "Toothless! What is wrong with you?! Bad dragon!" Frida scolded, pulling Astor by his waist to come closer to her for stability as he was losing his balance and screaming.