CHAPTER 2

Adarsh asked his granddaughter why she's so happy today, and she joyfully ran to him, exclaiming, "Dadu, dadu, dadu! I got a call from Riyu; she's coming tomorrow morning.  Yeayyyyyy!"

Hearing this, Adarsh smiled widely, as his favorite person was finally coming after 3 years.

The whole family was excited to meet their daughter-like kid whom they missed so much.

Alka looked at her cheerfully and said, "Finally, she's coming after so long." She replied, "Yes, badimaa, after many requests,  her college granted her absence."

Amidst the family's joy, there was someone sitting quietly but internally disturbed.

Kabir couldn't express his feelings; it felt like after many years, he was at peace. Although he had seen her in videos, the emotions he felt were beyond words.

The girl rose and addressed everyone, stating, "Starting the day after tomorrow, ASHI SINGH RATHORE'S wedding rituals will commence. My best friend arrives tomorrow, and I expect no drama or politics during these two weeks. MR BISINESSMAN , leave your politics, thuggery, and business outside the haveli." She sternly looked at Kabir, cutting off his potential objections.

"No excuses," she added firmly, and despite his reluctance, everyone knew they couldn't prevent him from his usual activities.

Following this, everyone proceeded to the dining room for dinner. As they finished, a less dominant but compelling masculine voice caught their attention.

Asha nudged her daughter, who blushed and looked down as a handsome man in a three-piece suit approached, radiating both warmth and coldness with his blue eyes.

Seeking blessings from the elders, he bent down to touch Ajeet's feet, only to have his ears twisted in a playful scold.

"You shouldn't be here until you come to take our daughter permanently after the wedding rituals," Abhay teased.

Smiling, the man explained that he came to deliver items from his mother and asserted his right to visit as it was not just his in-laws' house but also his uncle's and best friend's house.

The response elicited chuckles from those present.

It was Arjun Chaudhary once one of the most famous business tycoons and also the second-in-command to kabir's mafia.

He was not only Kabir's closest friend, more like a brother, but he was also set to become his brother-in-law.

Arjun signaled to Kabir that it was time to leave, stating, "Kabir, we need to go ; there's work pending."

Kabir, acknowledging him with a brief nod, rose and left, while Arjun deliberately nodded at the family members, locking eyes with someone who blushed like a tomato.

Heading to the garage, Arjun handed his keys to the waiting men and joined Kabir in his car, driving towards his office.

After a while, Kabir finally spoke, "She is coming tomorrow." Arjun snapped his neck towards him, eyes wide as soccer balls, and a slow smile appeared on his face.

"Finally, the moment you always wait for, where your heart and mind will find some peace."

Kabir sighed heavily, a small smile adorning his face as he nodded in acknowledgment of Arjun's words.

Little did he know that someone else was also eagerly anticipating the same event.

Forgoing their office, they directed themselves to the warehouse, where Kabir had captured the a mole.

During the journey, Arjun inquired, "How much longer do you plan to conceal it, not just from the world, but at least from your family?"

Kabir shot him a glance, then refocused on driving, replying, "You know I can't afford to endanger her. If the world discovers her significance to me, they'll swarm like hungry hyenas.  I won't risk her safety."

His fists clenched at the mere thought.

Arjun nodded in understanding, choosing not to press the matter further.