CHAPTER 5

As Riyu listened to Arjun's words, her attempt to suppress her nervousness faltered, causing it to resurface.

Her heart pounded within her chest, eager to reach out and find solace in his presence.

She glanced up, her fingers fidgeting nervously, her heart racing.

Their eyes met, her hazel orbs locking with his strong, grey gaze, igniting a silent conversation between them, unspoken yet palpable.

Unable to contain himself any longer, Kabir nodded to her before retreating to his room in an attempt to calm his racing heartbeat.

As he left, Riya felt a sense of relief wash over her, allowing her to breathe again.

She watched him depart before refocusing on their conversation.

Soon, everyone dispersed to freshen up, with Ashi  advising Riyu to do the same and meet for dinner.

While Riya  was making her way towards her designated room, unfortunately situated just past Kabir's, she had to traverse past his door.

Suddenly, as she passed by, a hand seized her elbow, tugging her into the room before swiftly shutting the door behind her.

Upon opening her eyes, she found herself staring into the same stormy grey eyes, which now bore a different emotion as they met her hazel gaze.

Kabir regarded her with an intensity as though he wished to etch every detail of her into his memory, convincing himself that this wasn't merely a figment of his imagination, but indeed his beloved WIFE standing before him.

Riyu found herself overwhelmed by the fervour of his stare, her cheeks flushing with a crimson hue as she averted her gaze.

Kabir hugged her tightly and mumbled something incoherent into her neck while  peppering her with kisses and ran her hair over his back.

"I missed you so much." Riya finally said, still separating from the hug.

"I missed you too, love."

Tenderly, Kabir brushed her face before lingering his lips upon her forehead for a moment longer than necessary.

Stepping back, he softly instructed her to go, mentioning that others would be waiting for her at the breakfast table.

Though she looked at him expectantly, knowing him better than anyone else, she understood what he said was correct  .

With a nod, she left the room.