𖤓 12 𖤓 Ravens and faceless men

Adofo and Katherine were riding on horseback towards a dark castle on the hill. Adofo turned towards her, "This is the faceless guild. It is my guild. It will be your guild too. I want you to train here." "It is a guild of assassins, is it not?", Katherine looked up to him internally hoping she was wrong.

He nodded and his mind clearly elsewhere, "Yes. It is the most elite guild there is. You will be trained to become an assassin but you do not have to be one. It will be useful to have the skill set of one." "I need those skills to survive. Either as a woman on her own or as a woman at your side", Katherine smiled at him, now determined to go through with it.

Adofo avoided her eye contact, "Yes. But it will be hard. The training will be hard." "Yes. But it will be necessary", she turned her head towards the castle. He looked at her before he took her hand, "You do not have to do this, you know?" "But I do. Besides how many have the opportunity to become a member of the faceless guild, the most elite one there is?", she gave him a big smile and squeeze his hand before letting it go. He sighed as now looked at the castle and he answered whispering, "Just a handful of chosen people."

Adofo clicked his tongue, "I just want to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into." "I can do this. I know I can", she gave him a encouraging smile. He nodded in understanding as he smiled at her, "I will be at your side. Every step of the way. I will never leave you behind." "I have heard those words before. Last time they were lies. This time I will give you the chance to proof me wrong", Katherine smiled at him hopefully as she drove her horse on towards the castle.