☾ 9 ☾ Adarlan's Ball

The kingdom's enemy, Adarlan and the kingdom of Erila were rather peaceful and friendly over the last decades. Each year the royal family of Erila visited the Adarlan and it's royal family. And the other way around.

Now the royal family of Adarlan was supposed to arrive today at the king's palace. That's the reason a big ball for tonight known as Adarlan's Ball was being prepared.

Before entering the ball room a servant announced whoever was entering. At first he announced, "I present Adofo Orpheus Depuis!" Not long after the servant announced, "I present Katherine Phoebe Depuis!" She entered the room in a light blue gown.

Katherine was standing slightly remote next to Adofo eating a few bites and later on they had a few drinks.

Both crown princes entered the dance floor and now each one was supposed to choose their partner for their first dance of the evening. Katherine was standing slightly remote from the dance floor next to Adofo. Erila's crown prince, Christopher, noticed her and approached her. As it was custom, he bowed, kissed her hand and asked her for the first dance.

Katherine smiled, feeling flattered, but before she could response the crown prince of Adarlan noticed her as well. He chuckled, "Katherine Depuis, what a sight for sore eyes!" "It has been quite some time has it not, Francis?", she responded calmly.

Francis now also bowed, kissed her other hand and asked for the first dance. Both crown princes were holding one of her hands and she laughed, "I hope you both understand and do not take it as an offence, if I choose to not choose?" "No, it is perfectly fine, of course I understand", Christopher responded. Francis answered as well, "No offence taken. Regardless, you owe me a dance tonight."

Katherine gently pulled her hands back and folded them in front of her body. Christopher asked, "Even though I can not have this dance, may I have another dance with you?" She chuckled and nodded, "I would be honoured." "If not with us then with whom is your first dance?", Francis asked.

She smirked extending her hand to her side and Adofo immediately took it, "Adofo will be my partner for the first dance." "You are the only one of us with a partner for the first dance. You should dance the first dance", Christopher suggested. Adofo agreed and both kings nodded, not caring much about such trivialities.

Katherine and Adofo entered the dance floor and music started playing.

Her light blue gown was flying through the air, harmonising with dark blue cape, matching his other clothes, also flying through the air. It looked so elegant and magnificent, nobody could take their eyes off them. They were in complete harmony. It was truly magical.

After the dance ended a servant announced, "This first dance was presented to you by Adofo Orpheus Depuis and Katherine Phoebe Depuis! It truly was a magical dance of shadow and light!"

Adofo was standing next to her holding their hands up and they smiled at each other out of the corner of their eyes. They let go of their hands and walked away from the dance floor still side by side. When they vanished into the crowd they still were side by side.

In the course of the night Katherine danced with Christopher as well as Francis. She left when everyone else had either already left or wasn't able to realise anything anymore.