Trust Issues

"So when are you all leaving for Panchal?", asked Medhasvini entered the library to see Yudhisthir sitting at a table, planning something.

Just a moment ago she got to know what had happened in the sabha, how Guru Dronacharya had asked for a guru dakshina and that it will prove who the most worthy Yuvraj is.

"To-"

"This is a library, Rajkumari. I don't know if you know or not but people usually don't talk here"

"Rajkumar Avyukt.", Medha acknowledged in a sullen tone as he made his presence known from behind a bookshelf.

"At your service.", he gave a mock bow, his charming smile getting on her nerves.

Wait...what? Charming?....shivered Kridha at the thought.

"I really wasn't talking to you. When did you turn into your friend?", she wasn't going to give up easily.

"He told how you both met. Do you really have a problem with me or 'disliking' people on the first meet is a frequent hobby?", he was also adamant on getting the last word.

"You are just special, considering how you take extra joy in getting under my skin."

"That's what I have been trying to tell you but you just wouldn't believe me, I am one of a kind."

"Can you both please rest it?", they turned to see Yudhisthir with his head in his hands.

They did, but just for the sake of their friend. Medhasvini went to look for some books she could read as an excuse to be as far from Avyukt as possible.

She made her way till the end of the room, where her eyes fell on a book at the top of a shelf. The old leather bind really intrigued her. She extended her hand to grab it, but it a little out of her reach. 

Just then a hand reached out for it from beside her.

"Thank yo- oh my god....", there stood Avyukt, holding the book even more out of her reach.

"Could you for once, be a gentleman, and give me that book?", Medha was too tired to deal with him.

"What do I get in return?", asked Avyukt.

"It isn't even your book!", she exclaimed.

"What's the magic word?", he teased her.

"Give it to me", she answered, suddenly jumping and snatching the book from him, using his startled reaction to her advantage.

She smiled victoriously.

"Touche.", he said, begrudgingly impressed.

"Now if you will, I am going to take your leave.", with that she started to walk away, but a tug on her shoulder stopped. Checking to see what might have caused it, she saw her dupatta stuck on his jewelry.

She looked at him, expecting him to do something about it, but he just stood there smiling at her struggle. This made her blood boil even more, making her pull it with a lot of unnecessary force, tearing the dupatta from the middle.

Happy with whatever she got, she turned away.

"Don't you want the other half back?", he sounded almost disappointed at her giving up so easily.

"Keep it for all I care.", and she strutted down the room with her head held high.

Yudhisthir stared at his friend still looking towards Kridha's path taken.

"What?", Avyukt asked when he caught his eye.

Yudhisthir just shook his head and went right back to what he was doing.