An Insensitive Prank

"No"

"Why not!"

"You have tricked me."

"Have not, you are adult enough to make your own decision."

"It's called bribery!"

"Well if it is, then why were you bribed?"

"I was supposed to go away from you, this is not it."

Avyukt and Medhasvini went back and forth like this while stomping down the corridor. 

He was horrified to find the reason behind the sweet, creamy, delicious kheer....
Get a hold of yourself Avyukt, you do not want this storm with you, he thought.

"What is happening here?", Pitamaha's stern voice froze them.

"Mahama-"

"Pranipat Pitamaha! We were just discussing the day we would be leaving for my brother Balram's wedding. He has been invited as well, so we thought why not go together.", Medhasvini gave her best smile and ranted before Avyukt had a chane to speak.

Bhism raised his eyebrows and turned to look at him. All Avyukt could do was give a cordial nod in between in death glares at Kridha.

"That is great, it is good to have someone accompany Putri Medhasvini and Putri Subhadra. Meet me once before leaving.", he soon took their leave.

"Why did you say that?", he looked at her accusingly, pointing to where Pitamaha was standing.

Cleaning the invisible dust from her lehenga, she looked up with twinkling eyes.

"Please Rajkumar Avyukt, you are our only hope. If you don't agree to accompany us, we might not be able to attend Balram's wedding. Can't we put our differences behind for this once and have a truce?", his fingers unclenched themselves at her puppy dog expression. 

"What do I get in return?", he presented his everlasting question.

"What do you think the kheer was for?", she smirked.

By the time he realised what she said, Medha was already gone.

"You!", he ran, hopping to catch her in time.

Good for him, she hadn't gone far.

"I did nothing wrong.", she shouted, starting to run as well.

"We will see about that.", he mumbled.

It wasn't long till he caught up with her. Getting a hold of her hand, Avyukt pinned her on the wall at the curve of the corridor. No one entering the corridor would be able to see them.

"Wh-what are you doing?", she whispered, trying to make her way out of her grip.

"Revenge.", now he stood smirking.

"Leave me right now, or else...", she made sure not to show her flustered state.

"Or else what?", Aadya was terrified at this menacing nature of his.

"What do you want?", she looked anywhere but him.

"Something...", Avyukt's eyes flickered to her lips. Medha's eyes widened, cowering up in fear.

She shut eyes tight and pushed her face sideways on the cool marble wall, accepting her fate as it was to come. That was until.....the sound of laughter hit her ears. Kridha hesitantly opened her eyes to see Avyukt clutching his stomach with tears streaming down his face.

"You should have seen your face!", it didn't look like he was going to stop any time soon.

She kept staring at him, the anger slowly turned into disgust and then she left.