Red as a Rose

"Now we need to decide the teams."

All the youngsters had gathered together to celebrate the best part about weddings......the ceremonial games. Most people didn't know each other, but fun always brings everyone together.

"I am in Bhabishree's team!", Subhadra squealed, sitting beside Revati.

"I have to be on Revati's side, sorry Rama...but she is my little sister.", Medha gave Balram a warm smile, assuring him that she wasn't angry at him.

Krishna was about to get up to change teams when Balram tickled his feet, causing him to lose his balance and fall down beside him, rolling in laughter.

Kanha glared at him through the laughter tears that had formed in his eyes but also didn't try to move. Dau tried his best to control his smile which was threatening to break out, so he distracted himself by observing the royal siblings of Sivi bicker.

"But Bhrata, she is my sakhi!", cried Devika as Avyukt tried to pull her into Balram's side.

"And I am your elder brother!", he said in an unintentional high pitched voice, which caused the on-lookers to break into soft giggles.

Finally Avyukt whispered something into her ears which made Devika smirk and raise an eyebrow, but most importantly, made her tag along with him.

Soon enough their were two parties in the room, both thinking they are the best but who were they to decide that....and it was long before they came to it.

"So what are we starting with?", a cousin of Revati asked.

Before anyone could pitch in, the elder females from both parties came in with a tumbler and placed it right in between the two parties.

"Do whatever you want later, but we will have a traditional game or two first.", ordered Mata Rohini.

"Of course, we would love that, because whatever the game may be, we will win anyways.", Avyukt declared proudly.

"Be careful with the shoes....don't let them out of sight, Rajkumar Avyukt.", Medha cheekily replied.

They looked at each other competitively, both sporting an equally mischievous smile.

"Firstly, we have ring fishing. Put both your rings in, and then look for the opposition's ring. Let's see who has the rule over him.", Revati's aunt explained, with the very same being done.

"Ready, steady....go!"

With that the newly married couple started scrambling for the rings in the bowl of milk but careful enough not to touch each other's hands for they still were rather shy.

"Bhabhishree, you can do it!"

"Jiji, you must get it before him!"

"Get it Revati!"

One side cheered the bride as she became more nervous at the pressure.

"Dau, you must not lose!"

"Bhratashree, show them who the man is!"

The other side wasn't going to give up easily either.

"Got it!", Revati shrieked with pure happiness, taking her hand out.............but the ring wasn't Balram's.

It was her own, with Dau's finger already wrapped around it. She quickly left it in embarrassment, turning red. 

The groom's group rose up in applause and whistles. while the other group sat down in a huff.

"Told you so.", flexed Avyukt.

"Just you wait...", if looks could kill, Medha's look would have buried him six feet under the ground.