Sore Loser

"Damian was whining all day." Mara stated out of nowhere while they were in the middle of nowhere.

Seriously, sitting on the grass in a ever green forest while dining on their shawarma wraps. Their relationship had gotten better recently. 

Both of them hardly know much about normal stuff, and both of them can learn things from eachother. It works.

"He threw his match to an AI." Respawn bit into his wrap.

"Hm, that's unfortunate." Mara said seemingly with no sense of remorse for him. All she knows is that he was whining, and she didn't get it.

"I don't understand how Ais are allowed in Art contests." Respawn mused.

Mara shrugged and set down her drink. "You tend not to understand alot."

Respawn stared her in the eye before rolling his eyes. A habit he'd copied from Damian. "I would you fight you but you paid for lunch this time."

That was true. Mara somehow had money. Money which might have been illegally taken. But hey, all is well if there's lunch. 

"What place did Damian get?" She asked after awhile.

Respawn took a long sip before answering.

"5th." He said with the most serious face he could muster.

After a mini staring contest on keeping composure, they both bursted into laughter.

"Mr, "I only get first" scored 5th!?" Mara said apon discovering this revelation.

"It's ironic." Respawn confirmed with a wide smile.

Meanwhile

Damian stormed into his room angrily (for the 6th time), tossing his art supplies onto the desk. He can't get over the fact he scored 5th in an art contest that he had been so sure he would win. And to make matters worse, he had lost to a bunch of AIs and regular people. REGULAR.

Flatline was laying on his bed, watching him with a small smirk on her face. 

"Fifth place? That's not too bad, BirdBaby you should be proud happy even placing in the top five."

Damian glared at her, his frustration bubbling to the surface. "I should have won, Nika. My art was SUPERIOR to all of them. And yet, I was beaten by some mindless machines and amateurs. It's ridiculous." He vented and threw his arms up.

If only he knew 2 certain people were giggling over his misfortunate right about now.

 Connor was sat on his windowsil, trying to suppress a laugh. 

"Damian, ever thought of the conclusion that maybe you're just being a sore loser?"Connor thought back to the time He kicked Damiams ass on lazarus island. Same result.

"In this situation It's not the end of the world. There will be more contests for you to win....eventually"

Damian scowled at Connor. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one who spent weeks working on a masterpiece only to be bested by a toaster oven!"

Nika straight up doubled over on laughter. Tears in the corner of her eyes causing Damian to shoot her a look of annoyance. 

"Oh, come ON. You have to admit, it's a little funny." She shrugged. "Maybe next time you should focus on creating art for the sake of it, rather than winning a competition."

"Wining isn't everything." Connor added for the sake of it.

Damian huffed and crossed his arms, realizing that maybe he had been taking the whole situation a bit too seriously. No, he wasn't... Was he?

"Thats what loser would say."

Connor raised a brow. "OK loser, go ahead and say it."

Nika turned to look at Damian would was straight up glaring and had his mouth pressed shut.

"I think today we learned Damian's a sore loser. Thats the moral of the story right?" Nika said.

Connor agreed to that line despite Damians outburst.

Damian Wayne is a sore loser.