Chapter 16:Past, present and future are too much of a cliche in Shounen Jump

Kumagawa opened his eyes, now back in the real world. He got up from the floor of the temple, opening and closing his mouth a few times.

Kumagawa:[Yeah, dust settled in my mouth. How long have I been here anyway? Speaking of...]

He looked down to see a shivering girl on the floor mumbling to herself. Emilia doesn't seem to take this trial as easy as it came to him.

Emilia:Ah...Uh...Ugh...

Kumagawa:[Seems like she's not prepared to face her past yet.]

Fact in the matter is, he only had to deal with missing the people from Hakoniwa after going off on his own. He might have done a lot of terrible things, but it's not like he really had any regrets about those.

Kumagawa crouched down and began shaking Emilia. Slowly but surely the half elf woke up.

Kumagawa:[Good morning....I think? It's kind of hard to tell the time from inside here.]

Emilia:Ku...Kumagawa...Yes, that's right...I took the trial...And then...

Emilia widened her eyes, horror creeping into her. She began to shake as she shouted incoherently.

A panic attack, good thing he came prepared. Dugging into his jacket he took out a container and shoved the contains into Emilia's mouth.

Emilia:This...Is good. What is this?

Kumagawa:[Ram-chan's cake.]

Coming back to the the little house they were using for their time staying here Kumagawa found Ram and Roswal having come as well. Roswal was laying on the bed, all beat up and bandaged with Ram tending to him.

Kumagawa:[How's Emilia-chan?]

Ram:She calmed down now. I used some herbs and she feel asleep. Usually they wouldn't have an effect of her, but her spirit is absent at the moment.

Roswal:That's goood.

Kumagawa:[Well, that aside, I made sure no one else would come in here. Now we can have a private chat.]

Roswal:Private, huh? Wasn't there another one that came here with you.

Kumagawa:[Otto-chan? Well, he wanted to meet you. He's a merchant, you see.]

Roswal:Alrrrright.

Kumagawa:[But well, it does seem like you two had a fun night. The exact time when I'm gone someone throws a party.]

Ram:It seems you're in good health, your mouth is just as vulgar as ever.

Kumagawa:[Come on! Spill the tea!]

Roswal:Hm...You battled against the Archbishop that attacked the village and masion, helped in the subjugation of the White Whale and even strenghtened the friendship with Crusch-sama. You have quite a lot of achievments. As expected of the greaaaat savior of darkness.

Kumagawa:[Oh? The state in which you're in isn't enough? I never thought you were such a masochist.]

Ram:It's not like those are some great heroic acts. By this time I know you did all that just because you were bored, that is often the fuel for your actions.

Kumagawa:[Woah! Incredible! Ram-chan hit the spot! You understand me so well. We must be soulmates!]

Ram:I have no care for the tea set in my hands. It would be no problem for me to break a cup and stab the shards in your throat.

Kumagawa:[Don't threaten me with a good time.]

Ram rolled her eyes, but then grinned a bit. Perhaps she had missed their usual banter, not that she's actually gonna tell him that.