Chapter Eight

Harri climbs up a fire escape and through a window "Aunt Ivy? Aunt Harls?" He calls. "Baby Bird!" Harley exclaims, running over and hugging him. "Hey Aunt Harls." Harri smiles, wrapping his arms round her middle. Ivy walks in and smiles, hugging Harri when Harley finally lets go of him "What you doing here, Baby Bird?" Ivy asks as the three of them sit down. "Hiding." Harri responds, smiling when Harley grabs his arm and starts painting on his cast. "What you hiding?" Harley asks him. "Batfamily is trying to get me to have swimming lessons, I don't want to have them. The pool is too deep and I don't like it. I'd rather not go near water ever again." Harri tells them. Harley frowns slightly "Is this because of what that green haired bastard did?" she asks. "Mhm, only Nitewing knew I couldn't swim up til then." Harry nods. "If it's any consolation, we got a few of our men to jump Joker when he was put in Arkham." Ivy smiles, Harri giggling. Harley pulls away from what she's painting "There, a work of art." she smiles, Harri looking at his cast with a smile. "It's great, thanks Aunt Harls." he tells her. "No problem Baby Bird." she tells him, kissing his head.

Ivy sits thinking "I have an idea

Ivy sits thinking "I have an idea. How about this? After your arm has healed, Harls and I will teach you to swim slowly. We'll start with water that just comes to our hips, so you can still stand in it, and go from there." she suggests. "I don't... I'm scared." Harri tells them, fiddling with his fingers. "Which is why we'll start slowly and go at your pace." Harley reassures him. "Okay." Harri nods, Ivy and Harley smiling at him. "That's my Baby Bird." Harley tells him, pulling him into her for a hug. Harri giggles, cuddling into his Aunt happily.

Just then, there is a knock on the door. Ivy gets up and goes to answer it, finding Nitewing stood there "I'm guessing you've come to get Baby bird?" she asks. "Yes." he nods. Ivy motions for him to follow her in "Baby Bird, it's for you." she says. Harri looks over from where he's cuddled into Harley "Wing? What you doing here?" he asks. "I came to find you after you ran away from your swimming lesson." Dick responds. "I'm not going. I made a deal with Aunt Ivy and Aunt Harls." Harri tells him. "We made him to agree to let us give him his swimming lessons once his arm is out of its cast." Ivy clarifies, Harri nodding as Harley begins playing with his hair. "You going to stick to it, Birdie?" Dick asks him. "Yes, we made a deal. They're start shallow and we'll go at my pace." Harri tells him. Harley ties the small plait she's put in Harri's hair "We can do it weekly so he has a chance to psych himself up, so to speak. We have to start slow otherwise it'll make it worse for him. B-man has to remember that he's still a kid and has just gone through a traumatic experience, he isn't going to jump straight into trusting water enough to learn how to swim." she pipes up. "Sometime I forget that you're a trained psychiatrist." Harri tells her, making her smile and kiss his head.

Dick nods "I'll tell B the plan. As long as Harri sticks to it, he should be alright with it. Although, you do need to explain the fact Ivy and Harley know who you are and the fact that you call them your Aunts." he says. Harri whines "But I don't want to. They're my Aunts and that's all he has to know." he retorts, crossing his arms. Dick sighs "We can deal with that another day. For now, I'm pretty sure the only reason Hood hasn't;t turned up is because Robin and Batgirl are stopping him. Come on." Dick tells Harri. Pouting Harri hugs his Aunts "I'll come back soon." he tells them. "We know. Make sure you let your arm heal properly." Ivy smiles, kissing the top of his head. "I will." Harri nods. "And remember, we'll start slow. No need for you to be scared." Harley adds, also kissing the top of his head. Hair smiles and nods, leaving with dick "Going to explain?" Dick asks. "Nope." Harri responds, walking out the flats.