3. The Award Night

Author's POV

2 weeks later

Words are sometimes even harsher than attacks of a sword. That's the one thing you can't even take back once you say them, intentionally or unintentionally. That's what Ruhanika believed her whole life. Though she tried to look hard and tough outside, inside she was soft and vulnerable. Just like a coconut.

Growing up without parents was definitely not easy, hell it was worst, dealing on changes on your own, dealing with people and the society, dealing with oneself was tough doing without a parental guide. But you can't make people understand the thing if they are not willing to. And that's what Ruhanika had tried to do a lot of times. She knows  that she everytime really cannot make people understand what it is like to grow without a primary care giver. She gets really affected by what people say about her and she knows that she have to work upon herself on that factor to not really care about what people say. She knows that she shouldn't take everything to her heart but she can't help.

The encounter with Riya on that day, that too infront of the boss whom she was meeting for the first time was not to pleasant and she should not take those words to her heart really, but she can't help. Despite of everything, she knows that each and every word Riya spoke that day was true. Even her newest colleague Vaani told her not to give a shit.

Hell, that girl was built different to say. She was so open minded and jolly, Ruhanika loved her company. This one month working with her was such a pleasant experience.

Yes, it's been one month into the new project of the launch, and one month she met their dashing boss.

Hell, he was a bliss to anyone's eyes, such a heavenly physique and a Greek god like face with a sharp jaw, little beard, a pointed nose, rosy lips, well defined cheekbones and those hazel brown eyes....
Uff....

Yes, she had stolen some glances of the looks of the handsome hunk, well can't blame her, cause who won't?

Well, it was a special night to the people of the business world and also to the people who are associated with the designing world. Not only fashion designing, but also architecture, animation, artist, singers, dancers, actors and all other categories. It was the Merit Awards night.

Merit Awards was a gala night, an emotion on its own. People would prepare for this from months. It was a dream to even be able to attend the function and winning an award was a really big matter.

People were nominated from all branch of careers like sports, business, creator, designing, entertainment, art and what not. The speciality about the awards was that people were not aware of who the nominees were or who were going to be present on the way. The Award commitee would secretly send the invites and surprise people.

And this year it was going to be held in Udaipur. And by god's grace, it was the first time Ruhanika got the invitation to attend the award function accompanied by her family. So she was over the moon to attend the function with Priya, but she kept her excitement under the blanket and only Priya knew about it. And tonight was the night she was eagerly waiting for. Getting an invitation to the Merit Awards was a far fetchable dream to many and Ruhanika felt blessed that she got one, which ofcourse she never expected. She finally knew that her work was maybe getting recognition as she got invited to the Merit Awards.

Abhimaan's POV

Tonight was the Merit Awards. Like every year, me and my family got the invitation. They say that the invitations are secret but some specific people are invited every year. I won the award for the best business man of the year  back to back for three years now, but I always looked forward in Winning the best CEO of the year also. Adi also own the award for the best CMO the previous year.